cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports upgrade

Wilks
On our wavelength

As the British Lions are starting soon, can I upgrade for a month only without it affecting my loyalty discount?

I don't really understand these discounts anyway as a family member pays the same as me for the oomph package.

13 REPLIES 13

Hi Wilks,

Thanks for coming back to us, I was able to locate your account and can confirm you have spoken to us, it can sometimes take a little while for the channels to come through.

Are you now able to watch your Sky sports channels?

Regards

Paul.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have a TiVo or a V6, check Sky Sports SD in channels 510-519. HD channels are in 501-510 if they're enabled.

If you have a 360, then whichever channels you have, will be in 501-510.

You can check which box you have here if you're not sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Wilks
On our wavelength

My Sky Sports HD channels are still missing on my V6 box. I have the standard sports channels but the HD ones 501 - 508 are still greyed out.

I spoke to someone who suggested resetting box and refreshing channels but still no joy. They then told me it takes 24 hrs but I'm still without. I checked my account and I'm billed for Sky Sports Collection - Sky Ultra HD but no HD.

I really can't be bothered now. I've spent hours trying to sort this which should be just a simple thing. I'll ring billing tomorrow and get the whole thing removed.

Thanks again to everyone who's tried to help. I appreciate it.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any package changes that are done by phone are usually immediate but can take longer.

The UHD add-on is not for sports or live channels - that's for "Sky Entertainment" UHD OnDemand programmes. Virgin don't carry any of the Sky Sports channels in UHD, only SD & HD.

I should imagine the addition of Sky Sports would have generated a new version of your contract via "my Virgin Media" (regardless of whether this was a new contract term or not), it'll be worth checking on there as to whether that's shown - as per mine below. I suspect it's not been added.

Sky_HD_add-on.JPG

If yesterday's game is anything to go by, we're in for a great Lions tour.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks