cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports upgrade

Wilks
On our wavelength

As the British Lions are starting soon, can I upgrade for a month only without it affecting my loyalty discount?

I don't really understand these discounts anyway as a family member pays the same as me for the oomph package.

13 REPLIES 13

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Wilks,

You can't add individual Sky Sports channels to you would need to add them all. 

You would be able to add them as a stand alone option and then give 30 days to cancel them without affecting your loyalty discount.

The following page shows the dates, times and channels of the upcoming warm up games and test matches, along with a link to add the Sky Sports to your account.  Doing it online can sometimes take 48 to 72 hours to be actioned.

british-and-irish-lions-tour-2021-tour-schedule-fixtures-squad-tv-sky-sports 

If you are wanting to watch the first warm up game which starts on Saturday 3rd then it's best to phone in as the request will be actioned immediately.  

Take a close look at the dates of the fixtures, July 3rd to August 7th, remembering that you need to give 30 days to cancel the addon.   If my calculations are correct then you should phone up again on 8th July to cancel the Sky Sports, that will allow you to see the last tour match  before the addon ends.

EDIT  Unless you specifically ask for the HD version you'll only get the SD version - the HD version costs an extra £7 per month on top of the cost of the Sky Sports add on.

You might want to try and negotiate a new deal at the same time, if you aren't happy with what's offered just stick with the short term Sky Sports addon.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Wilks
On our wavelength

Thanks very much for your reply. I will ring later today.

Hi @Wilks,

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for getting in touch with your regarding your Sky Sports query.

Was the great advice given by @newapollo useful? Have you been able to get in contact with our team in regards to the upgrade?

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Wilks
On our wavelength

Thanks again. Upgraded by phone. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Wilks,

Thanks for the update.

Glad you've got the channels in time for the Lions. Enjoy the games.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Wilks
On our wavelength

One thing I do recommend is speaking to someone though. I originally pressed the automatic presets to upgrade but the sports channels were not in HD. I then had to make another call to switch on HD and I'm still waiting for the channels. It just turned out to be a bit more hassle compared to getting a month of Sports via NowTV. Hopefully the HD channels will be available soon.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

using  your remote control try the following

Help & Settings > Help > Virgin TV > go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK > Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Wilks
On our wavelength

Still no joy. I'll wait until tomorrow to see if they appear. Surely this should be a straight forward service?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If VM added the SD version first you may have to wait for their systems to update before it will allow the HD version to go through. To be honest I'm not sure it will take to update but in the meantime you should be able to watch in SD

Dave
The do's and don'ts.