cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports UHD

benarty31
Tuning in

Hi everyone,

Just off the phone with customer service after renewing my deal. They have told me that Sky Cinema and more importantly Sky Sports is now available on Virgin using UHD..they couldn't tell me the channel numbers and I can't seem to find them, any advice please?

4 REPLIES 4

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Cinema and content from other Sky Entertainment channels are available in On Demand when you have a V6 or 360 box and the Sky Entertainment and Sky Cinema UHD add on. That's a chargeable add-on on anything other that Ultimate Volt (and some versions of Ultimate Oomph for those already on it)

Sky Sports is not available in UHD.

No Sky UHD content is a broadcast channel.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @benarty31, thanks for your post.

Unfortunately, Sky UHD is not a channel that provides live TV content and is an on-demand service catered to serve the Sky Cinema channels.

I'm sorry if you were misadvised on this but just to be clear, you cannot receive UHD for Sky Sports at this moment in time.

In order to get UHD for Sky Cinema, you'll need to go through the following menus: Home > On Demand > Movies > Sky Cinema UHD.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Tom_W

Thats understood, I suggest Virgin retrain staff in not miss selling products to customers within the retention phase of negotiations as this really has now affected my trust.

Hi @benarty31, thanks for your post.

I appreciate your comments. This will be fed back and looked into internally and we can make sure training is provided where necessary - sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Is there anything else you need further assistance with?

Regards

Tom_W