Menu
Highlighted
Dasher1
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky Cinema cancellation

When I signed up for Virgin I was offered Sky Cinema for 3 months as a free perk. I never used it and forgot it was there and then £21 suddenly appears on my bill. I realised what it was, contacted Virgin to cancel and was told I would still have to pay the £21 plus part of next month.

This is a poor show as I had the same issue with Sky a while back and, when they realised I hadn't used it, were happy to refund in full.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Cinema cancellation

Hi Dasher1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear about this. As part of the terms of the offer, if you didn't want to continue with the channels then you would need to call to give us 30 days notice. 

With regards to not using them, we have no way of checking this. You agreed to have the channels so if you don't use them, that isn't down to us I'm afraid. 

Keep an eye on your bills to ensure the channels are removed. If you have any further issues, let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
julie631
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I ALSO WAS OFFERED THE SKY CINEMA SUBSCRIPTION 3 MONTHS FREE. I have been charged for it from 22nd feb to 11 march. I was not told I had to give 30 days notice, I have e mailed Virgin 4 times but with no reply. I want them to alter my bill and cancel it now.I feel it was mis sold to me as was never told i had to give notice to cancel it. I was told it woud be easy to cancel . it has not been.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Julie631, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry that you've been charged for Sky Cinema, I can appreciate you're keen to get this resolved. 

When you're given a deal like Sky Movies or Sports for free for a certain period then you will need to give 30 days notice to not continue/cancel it before it continues. It will also advise on your bill when the deal is due to end. 

I can only apologise that this wasn't advised previously and we can have a look into this for you further. 

We'll pop you a personal message and take it from there. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos