cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing in - Something's gone wrong

PlasticTastic
Tuning in

Hi everyone,

I got my Virgin installed today, no problems at all on the internet side of things. I signed up over the phone and I did not get an e-mail with my area code and account number, so I called up and they created an account for me (as they were not able to tell me my account number due to security reasons). My account has been successfully created (I now have an e-mail to say this), but when I try to log into My Virgin  Media, it comes up with the "Something's gone wrong" error, and any page I try to go to also comes up with this error. 

I have tried clearing the cache, incognito mode, different browser, and even a different laptop and my mobile, all with the same error. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you very much

Untitled.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi all, just to update the public thread. This has now been resolved.

@PlasticTastic, if you need anything further please let us know 🙂

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @PlasticTastic 

I often have problems signing into my account using the Chrome browser, but it generally works if I use either Firefox or Edge browsers.

It looks like there may currently be a site issue as I am unable to sign into my account at present on all 3 browsers.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you very much for your reply - It's the same in Edge, but I'll try again tomorrow and across the next week. Much appreciated. 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @PlasticTastic,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

We currently have issues with parts of our site at the moment and we are hoping to get this resolved as quickly as possible. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven

Any idea how long it will take to sort out the issues - I haven't been able to access my email account since yesterday morning, and the website is zero help as well.  

Luckily I've got a week or so before I get my next bill, but I need my email back as that is linked to several accounts I have payments and things set up for.

Thank you
Mike

Sorry that the log in troubles are still ongoing for you Mike. 

Can you try this link to see if this log in page works for you? 

If not, do you use a client mail service like outlook or apple mail? We are making some improvements to our website which is affecting access to the webmail service for some customers, however we are being advised client mail is still working to access emails. Can you try see if you can log in using any of your client mail applications? Let us know how you get on. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Firstly do not know if   this  right place. i am having trouble access virginmedia sites when i sign in it takes 

me to another sign in page and then page not working or site broken   and one error that comes  up is def 100 

just asked what what  was wrong they told me it was a techical  problem  and would be fixed by midnight  on  

the 26th   seeing its that long  i think we should have a refund

Hi @wyre

Sorry to hear you're also having the issues accessing the site. We are currently doing some maintenance on the site, so apologies for the inconvenience caused. Does the link here, the same I provided above, let you access the site?  
Which browsers have you tried? Does this also affect you logging into the My Virgin Media app

Have you cleared your cache and cookies on these browsers? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

no it does not work all the time , and in checking i have gone and deleted my  main account do not know how it showing up as seconday one

forgot i am in process of having my secondary one made primary one   and had message to verife my new main account enail might have done something wrong in doing that