cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LeoNNNN
Tuning in

Absolutely disgusted and have wasted a number of hours on this. I feel robbed.

Signed up on the 4th of January 2022 during the ‘winter sale’ for a 200mbps broadband.

I did not went back to check my contracts online but noticed last week that I have been charged £50 per month.

As usual, loads of time wasted on the support line to be told I would get a call back that never happened.

Whatsapp support is equally useless as it simply sends me back to the support line!

This is absolutely wrong in so many levels and there isn’t anyone to proper assist and provide a decent resolution. No, signing up for a new 18 months contract is not a solution,

11 REPLIES 11

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LeoNNNN, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that there has been some issues with your billing since joining us. Taking a look at things this end, it looks as though the offer was entered into the system as £50 per month for your M200 plan. I can also see a contract was sent out showing this amount too. 

In order to help you further and get things corrected, we would need a copy of your order confirmation showing that the price was £32.99. You would have received this shortly after ordering your services. Pop back to me here to confirm if you have this or not and we can take it from there. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Dear Kath,

Thank you for looking into it.

I believe the order was made on my Firefox browser on my mobile phone.  I did not check the confirmation email once i received it - I simply took it was all done and dusted. 

My next door neighbour, same post code, told me about the sale. I had already signed up with Sky but then cancelled during the cooling of period given the better speed / price with Virgin. I have this exchange dated on whatsapp including his contract that shows £29.99 as he had another discount code. My house was already wired as the previous owner was on Virgin and i simply signed up - ABSOLUTELY sure for £32.99 and trusted there would be no issues.

I am not crazy and would not have had the trouble to cancel the Sky subscription to sign up to another one more expensive.I have the logs on whatsapp and my phone to confirm. £50 is not an offer price and I cannot explain why the system switched from the offer price to it. I would not have signed up at this price.

Please look into it as it is causing me a lot of distress. The money difference is huge over the 18 months.

Your marketing department has to be able to confirm that the M200 was on offer for £32.99 on January the 4th 2022 and most likely i would not be able to sign up for £50 - this was all done inside your website - there were no discount codes, referrals, etc.

thank you. Leo

Hi Leo, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I can only apologise but unless you have the confirmation email showing the £32.99 deal, we're not able to help. 

As you've mentioned that the order confirmation shows as £50, we would have expected you to have checked this to ensure things were right. If not we would have needed you to contact us so we could amend things. Even after the initial order confirmation, after we set up the account, we sent a contract with the same offer which again we would have expected you to check and if anything was wrong to contact us. Finally you would have received bills with the price too. 

As you have no proof of the offer you took, and you never raised this with us, there is nothing we can do now I'm afraid. 

Apologies,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Leo,

I've just used the Wayback Machine to find the VM web pages for 4th January 2022.

Screenshots at the bottom of the page.

/web.archive.org/ VM /broadband-and-phone 4th Jan  M200 broadband and phone £34 per month

https://web.archive.org VM broadband only also dated 4th January M200 broadband only £50 per month

broadband only 4th Janbroadband only 4th Janbroadband and phone 4th Janbroadband and phone 4th Jan

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

thank you, I did not know this website / service. Going back there and choosing the 4th January 2022, 15:15 it gave me the deal I signed up for

https://web.archive.org/web/20220104155112/https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband

LeoNNNN_0-1649316575780.png

hi Kath,

I have scrolled on my mobile phone history and saw links to pages from checking my postcode, to joining and confirming the deal.

It is clear that something went wrong between me signing up and the billing.

I have evidence of this on my whatsapp chat, on my email (after cancelling Sky) and on the web archived pages here on this thread - would you care looking into it please?

thank you.

sorry, marking as 'helpfull' set the thread as 'solved' which is not.

Kath, as you can see below your email confirmation with the order summary does not contain value / cost - how could I have checked it? thanks.

LeoNNNN_0-1649324165422.png

Hi there @LeoNNNN, sorry to see you have still not had this issue resolved.

I have just checked our system and can see that you have spoken with the team since posting this. Were the team able to help you have this issue resolved?

Please let us know if you need any further help with this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules