cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jaquinl
Tuning in

Hi

i signed up for volt and was promised a free lg tv and Netflix - I contacted customer service and it’s a maze of forms. Filed a complaint and got a super weird resolution email that did not answer my question.

I was supppised to get Netflix and a free TV with my package but neither has appeared. 
I can’t seem to find out who to contact for help? Any ideas?

thanks! 

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jaquinl 

Info below from the following page

Hardware Gifts

Our trusted partner Exertis will despatch your hardware gift within 28 days of the activation or installation of your Virgin Media services. Once your gift has been despatched, it should be delivered to you within 14 days.

I have not received my gift / voucher after 28 days? What do I do?

Remember, if you are receiving a Virgin Media free gift of hardware or wine, it can take an additional 14 days for your gift to get to you once it has been dispatched. It is possible that the courier attempted to deliver it while you were not at home. If they did attempt a delivery, they will drop a card through your letterbox letting you know how to rearrange your delivery.

If you have not received your gift after 14 days of being dispatched, text us for free on 0753 305 1809 and one of our team will be happy to help.

Our opening times to speak to our team are 7am-11pm Monday to Friday and 8am-8pm Saturday to Sunday.

Who will deliver my gift?

Your gift provider will deliver your gift via the courier UK Mail. If you provide us with an up-to-date phone number, UK Mail will send a text to you on the morning of delivery to let you know they’re on their way.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi

im not sure how this helps me.

I am supposed to get both a free tv and Netflix neither of which are here. And I would expect them to arrive without me having to go through hoops and phone lots of people. 

Also. The free tv and Netflix is not a gift - it’s part of the deal and should be delivered with the services 

Hi Jaquinl, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you are awaiting a hardware gift, and have not yet received your Netflix detail. This is potentially two separate issues so i will address each individually. 

1)  Regarding hardware gifts you may wish to read our help article here: Gifts | Virgin Media Help

If you have only recently had your services installed it is worth baring in mind the timeline provided in the above article to receive your hardware gift. (28 days after installation + 14 days for delivery). 

At the end of this period if you have still not received the gift (LG TV) you will need to contact us on 0753 305 1809 so we can offer further support. Has it been 42 days since your installation?

2) Regarding the activation of your Netflix service - have you received an email with an activation link from ourselves or Netflix? 

Do you have an activation tile for Netflix when you head to your My Virgin Media account? (If so, please press the button to activate the service here). 

Let us know if you do not have either of these showing as we may then need to raise a ticket on your behalf. 

All the best. 

Molly

Thanks for your reply,

I don’t have either an email or the option to sign up (button) in my virgin media.

I will wait for the tv and call but if you could fix the Netflix issue that would be appreciated. 

No problem! I will send you a PM now to offer further support with the Netflix issue, as we need to confirm some account information. 

You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

All the best! 

Molly

sdredger1
Tuning in

Good luck trying to get your tv. I should have received mine by the 28th August, but unfortunately after several phone calls and emails I am still no closer. I have been promised it will be with me within 72 hours on 4 separate occasions, had promises of a call back by managers that never materialised on 4 occasions, had an email stating it was dispatched and will be with me within 72 hours ( it never came). Had several complaints raised that were mysteriously closed as resolved on several occasions with resolutions tags that also didn't make sense  and were nothing to do with the complaint( customer not happy with bill?)

I did have somebody on here that was really helpful and promised to get back to me with information  the following day (last monday) but unfortunately they have been unable to.

Is it possible for us to just get the £479.99 credited to us as I would assume a lot of people chose virgin over sky on the strength of this offer. Also maybe a month or two service for free as an additional offer of good faith for failing to fulfil the deal?

Hello sdredger1,

I am so sorry to read about the poor experience. 

Can you please advise what the £479.99 credit was for?

That way we can look at getting this investigated?

Gareth_L

@Gareth_L wrote:

Hello sdredger1,

I am so sorry to read about the poor experience. 

Can you please advise what the £479.99 credit was for?

That way we can look at getting this investigated?

Gareth_L

Gareth, you haven’t actually read through the details of the thread before wading in with a generic reply, have you?