Menu
pburgess99
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Should I switch

Am not unhappy with Virgin Media - however my bill is now £35 a month for a Vivid50 plan and has gone up from £27 to £33 to (now) £35 in the last few months.

I am reluctant to switch but Vodafone offer a similar package for just £20 a month - not far off HALF the price - @Virgin Media please give me a reason not to switch otherwise I will soon be an ex-customer

Peter

Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Should I switch

Hi @pburgess99 and thank you for your post,

We're sorry to hear you're considering leaving us based on the price of your package and offers from other providers.

In this case we would recommend getting in touch with our customer relations team who can run through your options and do all we can to turn things around.

You can reach the team on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or 0345 454 1111, option  1 then 4. Lines are open between 8am and 10pm, Monday - Friday and between 8am and 6pm, Saturdays.

For reference you can find full details of our disconnection procedure here: https://virg.in/leavingVM.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Highlighted
pburgess99
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Michael_JK .. will contact them as I have had good service from Virgin and am reluctant to leave, but it is a substantial saving ..

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's great pburgess99. 

Come back and let us know how the call goes and if you need anything else, you know where we are. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@pburgess99 wrote:

Am not unhappy with Virgin Media - however my bill is now £35 a month for a Vivid50 plan and has gone up from £27 to £33 to (now) £35 in the last few months.

I am reluctant to switch but Vodafone offer a similar package for just £20 a month - not far off HALF the price - @Virgin Media please give me a reason not to switch otherwise I will soon be an ex-customer

Peter

Purely on the "give me a reason not to switch", I presume you've checked the speeds available in your area at https://www.vodafone.co.uk/availability/bbpostcode ?

It may be equivalent I've no idea. But if your motivation is purely price, then the speed could well be the reason you're looking for. It might not be, but it's certainly something to check....

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Most FTTC 76mb service is better than virgins 50mb service

0 Kudos