cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I stay or should I go now???

PinkyGhirl
Tuning in

Hi... Just looking for a bit of advice... I'm out of contract and considering looking elsewhere for a better deal... I currently have Broadband only (No phone line, no tv etc)... I just don't feel paying the amount I am per month is worth it! 

So I'm wondering if it's worth the headache of speaking to Retentions OR just go ahead and find another provider??? 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi PinkyGhirl,

It's certainly worth talking to them first ...

Virgin Media, like almost every service provider, want to keep hold of their customers, and nine times out of ten, they are more than willing to give you that small discount on your current costs to keep hold of you.

Besides, if you've been happy with the service you've had so far, it's one phone call. If they don't offer something you are happy with, then you can always hang up and look elsewhere.

😊

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi PinkyGhirl,

It's certainly worth talking to them first ...

Virgin Media, like almost every service provider, want to keep hold of their customers, and nine times out of ten, they are more than willing to give you that small discount on your current costs to keep hold of you.

Besides, if you've been happy with the service you've had so far, it's one phone call. If they don't offer something you are happy with, then you can always hang up and look elsewhere.

😊

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you checked to see what speeds you can get from an Openreach-based provider, and whether that's suitable for you?

You could potentially need a new OR landline installed if you don't already have one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Also, if you're about to psyche yourself up for dealing with VM by telephone, make sure you play the retentions game right:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Virgin-Media-Bill-Creeping-up-again...

Now THAT is extremely helpful advice!!!... Thank you, I really appreciate your reply x

Thank you so much, that's extremely insightful!!! ☺

Hello PinkyGhirl

As much as we would like to help 

The Forums is the only place where we are not able to apply new deals or change package 

The advice that has been given already is what we would have said 

We are confident our Retentions Team can negotiate a new deal for you 

Please lest us know how you get on.

Gareth_L