cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking service

Jamsie74
Joining in

Took up on offer of 360 and set price on package. Install never took place on day arranged, and still hasnt! No contact nothing. Package rcvd not what was agreed and trying to charge me more than was agreed. Called approx 8 times. Each time a 30 min call and everytime they dnt know how to fix it. Logged complaint C160621296 with full details of my issue. Got response 3 weeks later to say sorry your having trouble getting through. Please give us a call to assist you!! Unbelievable! Not one point on my complaint addressed and a reply to a question i never raised! Have been told managers are going to call me back, never have and now about 6 weeks in and no further forward. Cancelled my DD as being overcharged and called to say more than happy to pay what i owe when issue ressolved. Got email today to say i will be charged a late payment fee.

I just want what i was offered and the issue ressolved as causing no end of stress.  please someone take ownership of this and sort it out!

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jamsie74 wrote:

Took up on offer of 360 and set price on package.

Was this a conversion of existing V6 boxes, or install of new ones? If a conversion, how many? This all matters, because it potentially makes it a self-service software download rather than tech visit. It's also entirely independent of a package change.

As regards cancelling your DD, I'm not at all surprised you're at risk of a late payment fee. Cancelling regular payments is very rarely a good idea, and can often cause problems exactly like this. Late payment fees can lead to suspended services and various other unpleasant effects on your credit file, if the situation goes unresolved.

VM forum staff can often intervene in cases like this, and resolve things a lot quicker and with less hassle than alternate routes - but they will need to know some basic details of what's happened.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for you input..

Just hoping someone from VM will sort it.

Hi @Jamsie74,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear of this experience you've had and to hear that you've also raised a complaint as a result. I've noticed that you've mentioned an install that's yet to go ahead but that you're being charged. Just to clarify, is this for an upgrade of existing services and equipment, or are you joining us as a new customer?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zack. Existing cust with upgrade. Been cust for years.

Was told install would be £24.95. Trying to charge £50 for it. Was told my package price would go up by £3 per month for all that i had. Price has gone up and pckg has been reduced. 

Waited in all day for install and no-one appeared or called. When i then called up to enquire they could not answer why engineer didn't come and that system would not let them rebook it. Then the girl tried to explain that £50 charge was not install fee but my change to my billing as package was going up by £3 and the way the billing cycle works. Even tho i had email to say was being charged £50 for install and this would appear on my bill.

I'm sure you can see where my frustration comes from and hence the heading shocking service.

I have now been posted out a box which i beleive to be the V6 box but even that's not working 100% as when goes to standby i then have to reboot box for it to come back on.

On one call one of the agents suggested i may also need a new hub as the one i have is over 9yrs old but apparently VM dnt have any and i was advised to call every week to check when they avail?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was it a £50 install charge?

or 2 x £24.95 for two 360 remotes?

Did you receive any notifications in your account section on website, calls or texts to confirm appointment time for tech visit?

I doubt your current hub could support the higher speeds and yes.  VM are very short on hardware.

They wouldn't fix my services so I am leaving.

You are the second post today of an outbound sales call gone wrong.

Hi @Jamsie74,

Thank you for expanding further on what's happened here.

Can you clarify the installation situation for me? Has an engineer been and visited the property to carry out the installation yet, or are you still waiting on this visit?

Can you also confirm what model of router you have for me? It should detail it on the router itself, but if you're unsure you're welcome to provide a photo so we can check and confirm.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Zach_R wrote:

Can you also confirm what model of router you have for me? It should detail it on the router itself, but if you're unsure you're welcome to provide a photo so we can check and confirm.

@Jamsie74

There's photos of all VM's current routers at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-what-do-the-lights-on-your-hub-mean 

And, for what it's worth, the TV boxes are at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box - the V6 & 360 are identical hardware, but totally different software & remotes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks