cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shambolic start to my service .

rickj64
On our wavelength

Where to start . Install of BB today .I purchased the MSE deal of 100mbs @ 23:95 a month ,100 credit with zero set up fees . Engineer installed router 5 metres away from my original one which has 3 ethernet cables ,left me with no sky multiroom and basically said re cable it yourself . 2nd , Bills bear no resemblance to my offer ... Iam being charged 25 a month with 35 fee to activate despite my screenshot showing zero. 3rd 1 room has poor WiFi ( used the scan app) .4Th impossible to speak to a UK based CS rep.Spent hours on text messages ,chat etc and complete waste of time . Clearly the terrible virgin reviews are true .. what a idiot IAM ! .Thank God I have 14 days cooling off . How can a company get so much wrong !! 

36 REPLIES 36

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rickj64,

Thank you for making us aware of this.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

rickj64
On our wavelength

No problems . Just some feedback as I am 2 days into my 14 days cooling off period . I spent around 4 hours over 2 days trying to get the correct bills to reflect the deal I ordered . I was told to initially ignore the bills prior to install as they would update once active .once activated nothing changed and I hit a brick wall with every call,chat,message and was basically told the deal didn't exist as it was nothing to do with Virgin and was a third party offer . I sent the screenshots on numerous occasions and they were only accepted as I was due to leave a day after install.

The deals with MartinLewis MSE site are a regular EXCLUSIVE with virgin and I found it staggering no one could confirm the deal looking at the 1st screenshot I supplied . The contract bill I received didn't even match my monthly payment of 23:95 nor the zero set up fee .

The leave team I spoke to were frankly rude and accused me of lying about the offer which is hardly the way to keep a brand new customer .

Hope the above feedback helps .

Regards

Hi rickj64, 

Thanks for coming back to us with that feedback, I am terribly sorry that this situation cropped up, however I am glad we were able to rectify it via a PM. 

Your feedback will definitely help us improve things for the future as we are always looking for ways to create a better customer experience. 

If you have any further issues during your time with us, I hope you feel assured you will get the best support here on the forums. 

Just for future issues with your services and for any other users that are looking at this thread for help, I have a few links below that might help with general issues - 

• Our Service Checker is a good tool to use to check if there are any area outages ongoing with Broadband, TV, Landline and Mobile. It usually lets you know what is wrong and how long it's going to take for the engineers to fix (estimated time of course)
  • Your Online Account also has a good tool which helps diagnose a fault within your home network with your Broadband, TV and Landline, it will tell you what's up and what to do next. 
  • We also have a good section for faults on our website here - Help Website - it will give you flows for diagnosing and rectifying faults on a multitude of aspects. A really good link to bookmark!  

Thanks so much, 

Megan_L

rickj64
On our wavelength

Thanks Megan 

Only thing at the moment is poor coverage in 2 rooms which engineer said may happen . I will discuss with my wife as she works from home . Obviously need to make a decision before my cooling off period ends .

We were previously with Sky who supplied free of charge boosters . The engineer stated they don't carry them on the van unfortunately.

Thanks again .

Richard

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was waiting for booster pods for seven months and gave up asking, my package was £100pm.

Hours on the phone to India to be told they weren't available.

In the end I bought TPLINK wifi extenders from Argos which helped.

I am currently leaving Virgin Media for BT's fullfibre, install day tomorrow.

(PS. Leaving is a full time job too. Hours on the phone multiple times)

17/18 years of VM at an end. Wish you well.

rickj64
On our wavelength

I feel your pain .Only had install on Saturday and it didn't go well. Engineer (lol) just said yeah WiFi bad in these rooms just ring CS and get a couple of boosters we don't carry them on the van .. obviously sounds like yet another battle on my hands. I've come from sky who sent boosters with zero fuss .Might be back with them by looks of things.

After all that you should leave and find another supplier, however I'm willing to bet you won't.

How much do you want to bet then big man ? 

I've 14 days to decide .

Anything other to add ? Thought not .

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

just jumping in on one point -  do you still have the boosters sky supplied - they may work with the VM hub - worth giving them a try

Tony.
Sacked VIP

rickj64
On our wavelength

Hi yes I still have one and no they don't appear to work even with 3 lights showing .Best way to describe is the fact my son has used ALL his data allowance due to fact the phone changes to 4g from WiFi due to hub 3 inability to give a signal past 6 metres .