cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shambolic operation

Scarbs
Tuning in

Had no issues reading email content until I joined Virgin. Now I am required to ‘Load content’ on my iPad in order to see the full message.

I headed to telephone support who told me there was no problem. I called on another day and was promised a return telephone call to try to resolve the issue - it never came!

I registered with the VirginMedia Community to be told I’d need to verify my email address before I could post. No email came! There was a message advising me to head to My Settings > Email in order to resend the email verification. This location does NOT exist!

after several various attempts at trying to locate the resend option, I located it in Edit Profile: Profile > Email.

Several times I attempted to select verify email, but it seemed never to actually send it. I checked my provider’s Junk Mail etc, but nothing there.

To found the resolution to this to this was to change my email address!

What a fiasco of disjointed, convoluted systems in order to find out why I am now required to select ‘Load Content’ on every single email I receive on my iPad.

Phew! Who’s had a similar experiences with Virgin?

16 REPLIES 16

Have you not read my post or seen the screen shots?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Scarbs,

We cannot see any recent attached screenshots on the post. Would you be able to add these again? Please ensure to cover any personal information. 

Have you had this issue since amending your settings?

Let us know so that we can help further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Are you sure? Screenshots in the second post.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Scarbs,

Thanks for coming back to us. We can see the screenshots in the second post, however, my colleagues asked you to attach additional screenshots of this issue further down the thread.

However, if the issue is now rectified, then we understand if you're unable to add them.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thanks.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I fail to see what additional screenshots I need to include! I do wish BOTs would stop responding to a human’s post.

The issues are clearly evident in that the directed help is inaccurate. The location differs from the suggestion.

In addition, I have clearly located the page required now, which is why I am able to record the experience here - but needs fixing for other users who may not be as successful as I have been.

Regarding the first issue: nothing had altered on my iPad, except the internet access provider. As soon as I connected to Virgin my email access became cumbersome in that I needed to ‘Load Content’ each and every time.

NO BOT RESPONSES PLEASE.

Thanks for coming back to us Scarbs, there are no BOTs on the forums, every response by the forum team is by a forum team member.

We will be sure to feedback your experience to the team to help improve the service and help that we offer to all of customers.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks, then I’d kindly request responders only do so if they have something useful to offer.

Responding to the numerous unresolved issues has been, and is, cumbersome.