cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shambolic operation

Scarbs
Tuning in

Had no issues reading email content until I joined Virgin. Now I am required to ‘Load content’ on my iPad in order to see the full message.

I headed to telephone support who told me there was no problem. I called on another day and was promised a return telephone call to try to resolve the issue - it never came!

I registered with the VirginMedia Community to be told I’d need to verify my email address before I could post. No email came! There was a message advising me to head to My Settings > Email in order to resend the email verification. This location does NOT exist!

after several various attempts at trying to locate the resend option, I located it in Edit Profile: Profile > Email.

Several times I attempted to select verify email, but it seemed never to actually send it. I checked my provider’s Junk Mail etc, but nothing there.

To found the resolution to this to this was to change my email address!

What a fiasco of disjointed, convoluted systems in order to find out why I am now required to select ‘Load Content’ on every single email I receive on my iPad.

Phew! Who’s had a similar experiences with Virgin?

16 REPLIES 16

Scarbs
Tuning in

E70D0C6A-9B93-4263-B192-9B43B9AFC81F.jpegADC8710B-CEAB-44D7-A6CD-F6E2F987B658.jpeg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Scarbs wrote:

Had no issues reading email content until I joined Virgin. Now I am required to ‘Load content’ on my iPad in order to see the full message.

Do you have Mail Privacy Protection enabled on your iPad?

Tap Settings > Mail > Privacy Protection to check. If enabled, toggle this feature off to see if the issue persists.

Are you using a VPN?

If so in some cases  Mail isn’t able to download remote content in an email in a private way

Mail won’t load this content without your permission and instead notifies you that it's unable to load remote content privately.

You can tap Load Content to bypass the warning, and allow Mail to receive the remote content without using Mail Privacy Protection. If your device is using a VPN for this content, the content will be loaded through the VPN rather than through Mail Privacy Protection

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for the reply.

Most privacy settings were set to Off, but one wasn’t. It seems Virgin systems work differently to other providers. As I shared previously, this was never an issue before I connected with Virgin. No VPN is used by me.

What about the other issues… anyone?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Scarbs, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome the community I am sorry to hear you are having some email issues.

Are you using the mail application on your iPad?

Also what generation is your Ipad and is it on IOS 16.3?

Sometimes big emails with big media files in them can take longer to load. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

No worries at all, is the iPad updated to IOS 16.3?

Please can you also attach a screenshot of how this looks?

Please can you try and a login into another way to see if this issues is happening just on the application. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

iOS 15.7.3

Thank you.

Could you also please attach a screenshot of how this looks?

Have you been able to try and a login in another way to see if this issues is happening just on the application as suggested?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Emails are now visible following the turning off of all privacy settings, but no iPad settings were changed when the provider was switched to Virgin. Clearly, the Virgin service differed substantially and restrictively.

What about the irregularities with Virgin’s own website and support guide as detailed above?

Hi @Scarbs,

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear that you've now been able to resolve this.

What irregularities are you referring to exactly?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!