cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up two accounts for two properties?

karman
Tuning in

I run two short term House of multiple occupation properties. I have had Virgin broadband in one of the houses for a few years, and have now tried to introduce it into the second house. I'm struggling with this because there doesn't seem to be the capability to manage two separate properties through one email address/account. 

Is there any way round this without creating a new email address?

13 REPLIES 13

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @karman 

Unfortunately the email address will be tied to the original account so you'll need to use a different email address

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

karman
Tuning in

I have an issue accessing a new account and have tried to resolve via the contact centre, and failed. I really need to send an email to explain as my issue seems to get lost in translation. Does anyone know how to cantact Virgin Broadband directly by email? 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @karman 

VM don't have a customer facing contact email address.

A member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you in a day or two and help

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi karman,

Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues accessing your new account with us. Can you please expand on the issues you're facing exactly so we can help?

Kind regards

Beth

Hi Beth, 

I have two rental properties, one has been with Virgin for a few years, and last week I subscribed the second address for a M200 package, but when signing up, the original email address was used, and consequently, when I try to access the new account I can only see the original account/property.

I went through the helpline and thought that new email address and password had been established for the second account, but it isn't being recognised. Is there any delay in actioning the change? Ideally I would like to make the change to password myself so that I know exactly what is required.

Hi karman,

Thank you for explaining. I think it's best if I send you over a private message so I can look at both accounts and see which emails are registered with which accounts and help to resolve. There is currently a known issue with creating and resetting password for My Virgin Media accounts, however your issue does sound slightly different.

Please do look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks 🙂

Beth

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all - glad we could help. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi

I have exactly the same problem. Could you please help me so, I can access both accounts.

Thanks

Hi,

It took some time but eventually I penetrated Virgins automated defences and spoke to a human. After that, it was a simple change to move the account to a new email address.

The automated systems are probably OK for 80% of enquiries, but become a real pain if the issue falls outside the help offered.

I think I used email until I finally got a response and a phone call. Have to say that once Virgin engaged, the issue was dealt with effectively.

Good luck!