cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services restricted.

CSiRRAH
Joining in

I have rang up 4 times over the course of this weekend, has multiple online chats too and been told completely conflicting information.

I rang up Saturday morning because my services were restricted and paid £115 to remove the restriction and have my services extended to the 31st when I could pay the rest. 

Was told this was fine they'd turn my services back on. Still off by Saturday evening.

Rang up again, to be told that my services are not restricted but there's a fault on the line, booked an engineer. 

Then received an email saying we owed such and such amount and that we are restricted. 

Que a chat online who said they would do everything they could help, they refreshed the hub signals still nothing, they confirmed it was intact a fault but to ring the collections team.

I ring back up to be told my services still are restricted, the person on the chat is not able to unrestrict them (waste of an hour of my day chatting to them) person on the phone said they can only unrestrict the account when they receive a live payment. I confirmed I had paid this on Saturday, asked me to pay £10 so I did, he confirmed my services would be unrestricted. 

Que a few hours later and still services are restricted and another phone call and another confirmation that we still haven't had the restriction lifted!!! 

This service is a joke.

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi CSiRRAH, thanks for joining our help forums and a warm welcome to the community.

We're sorry to hear of the service restriction and payments issues you've had recently as well as the experience and the conflicting info received from the team.

We'd love to best assist with this, please note we can mainly advise but we do not support payments on this end, in case this is needed.

Regarding the area network, no faults are found on our latest checks however we can see you spoke to our team and we've booked you in for a technician visit soon due to the hub being offline.

In regard to your bills and payments, please check on this link https://virg.in/makepayment when you can to view any remaining balance and make a payment if needed.

Based on the info we have this service loss is not due to a missing/overdue payment, it's been classed as a fault that cannot be fixed remotely.

In this case, we'll need to attend so to restore your connection, apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Please, keep us posted and let us know how things go with the visit from our technician.

We'll be here to help should you need anything more.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Technician has just been, one of the wires in the cabinet had broken. He's replaced it / fixed it and all is working now.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey CSiRRAH, thanks for your post and update.

We're delighted to hear your broadband is up and running again, that's great news! 🙂

Have you been able to sort out the payments too or do you need any help with that?
Please, feel free to give us a shout if you need support or have any questions in regards.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs