cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service *still* not working, router *still* broken, Bill increased in breach of contract

HCA
On our wavelength

Honestly, does it ever end with you? Every single interaction with this company that I have is a total disaster, that draws me closer and closer to throwing myself off a building, just to escape your incompetence.

If I quit your service (due to it NEVER working) and you scrabble to retain me by offering me my package @ £14pm for 2 years, then guess what I expect to be paying for this two years?  Can you guess?  Is there maybe a clue in the deal you offered me?

Well, apparently you are wrong, as VM think they can just increase any bill, any time they please.

Sure, they never fixed anything, sure their hardware is literal, broken garbage, sure their customer service is heading to be quite literally the worst in the world, but you have to see it from their point of view! They need paying for all this!  Can't keep shareholders happy if you don't stick it to the customers while utterly failing to meet the most basic of service needs!

I honestly cannot believe Virgin Media is real, anymore.  Idiocy like this has to take conscious effort. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Ask VM for a "deadlock letter".  No point wasting your time any further with the company.  As soon as you get the deadlock letter, you raise the various matters of complaint with CISAS.  If VM have irretrievably lost your complaint (seems common enough) and don't produce a deadlock letter, then you have to wait eight weeks from the date you received a complaint reference - normally by email - but can still use CISAS.  Read their customer guidance carefully, lay out the different elements of the complaint as clearly as you can.  Ask for VM to be required to honour the agreed deal, pay compensation for the poor service, and additionally for poor complaint handling, refund of the £25, any remaining technical problem to be fixed.  And separate to that, additionally do a short summary complaint to Ofcom about VM's poor complaints process.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

HCA
On our wavelength

And, to cap it off, you have just deleted my complaint from my account without addressing it.

Utterly unreal...

HCA
On our wavelength

It gets better!

Now, not only are you overcharging me, you are instantly closing any complaint I open.  On top of that, now I have FINALLY, after TWO BLOODY YEARS gotten you to replace my broken router, you think you are charging me £25 for it.

You are criminally stupid

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Ask VM for a "deadlock letter".  No point wasting your time any further with the company.  As soon as you get the deadlock letter, you raise the various matters of complaint with CISAS.  If VM have irretrievably lost your complaint (seems common enough) and don't produce a deadlock letter, then you have to wait eight weeks from the date you received a complaint reference - normally by email - but can still use CISAS.  Read their customer guidance carefully, lay out the different elements of the complaint as clearly as you can.  Ask for VM to be required to honour the agreed deal, pay compensation for the poor service, and additionally for poor complaint handling, refund of the £25, any remaining technical problem to be fixed.  And separate to that, additionally do a short summary complaint to Ofcom about VM's poor complaints process.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Dear @HCA, thanks for your post although I'm very sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

I'll need to pop you a PM to discuss this in further detail and investigate the specifics here, so please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can.

Many thanks

Tom_W

HCA
On our wavelength

You are correct.  I am just beating my head against a rock.  A rock that simply does not give a single damn about its customers.

Their 'engineer' is attending today to replace my router.  If - and it is a cosmic sized "IF" - he actually manages to give me a functional router (which I don't believe VM actually ever use), and the service even vaguely resembles a working one, I will just give up and let it be.

If, however, I get a single gram of pushback of him or the tools in their call centres, then it is cleanse and burn time.

Hi @HCA,

I can see that one of my colleagues has reached out to you via private message to offer some further assistance.

If you'd still like our help, please respond to this at your earliest convenience if you haven't done so already and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!