Menu
Service_Change
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Service change via box

Hi - my question is, if i request any kind of service change via my V6 set top box, like adding or removing channels, should i receive a Service Change Receipt to be sent to me via email as a confirmation of the changes made. And what happens if i do not receive any such Service Change Receipt.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service change via box

Hi Service_Change

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post. 

We would notify you of all changes to the service via email if we have a contactable address. 

What changes have you made and have you not received a confirmation?

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Service_Change
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Following a phone conversation on 1 July to request removal of Sky Sports (this was previously requested in June but the change was not reflected accurately on the July bill, hence the call), the billing team at Virgin Media claim that Sky Sports and Sky Cinema were both added on customer request on the same day via the STB through the remote control.

Virgin Media are unable to tell me how these services were added, particularly when we are not even aware of what the PIN number is on the box. I am getting differing explanations like "you went on to the individual channels and requested the channels by entering your PIN number" to "you may have clicked on a promotional offer on the home screen".

Seems odd this all happened the same day Virgin Media tried to correct the error on Sky Sports they were notified of. Additionally, we never received any Service Change Receipt to reflect any changes Virgin Media say we initiated via the STB. If we had then we would have queried it straight away. A valid email address is on the account and we've received all other Service Change Receipts, including one on 1 July to notify of the removal of Sky Sports as requested on the phone.

My understanding is that without a Service Change Receipt or proper notification of changes to the service we cannot be billed or held responsible to incurred charges - am i right? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me. 

If the service is ordered via the box or online, there is full information provided at the point of sale. 

In order to add channels from the box, a pin would most definitely be required. 

Have you spoken to the team to have these channels removed?

Thanks

Natalie 

Nat
0 Kudos