Menu
Highlighted
aquitaine
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Seriously overpriced package

Hi there

I have realised I am being charged £100 a month for a service which is now offered for £54 (12 months) then £74 a month and I do not even have the latest V6 box.  My paper bill has VIVID 120 Optical fibre  and my online account states VIVID 200 Optical Fibre, but I cannot see on the website where these speeds are even offered anymore.  I have no idea which one I really have.

Please can someone advise how I can get Virgin to sort this out via email possibly.  I have tried phoning before but end up going round in a phone message loop.

Many thanks

KC

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Seriously overpriced package

You will need to talk to retention's, "thinking of leaving us" then "technical issues" during UK office hours will usually land you with UK onshore support.

jimmydh63
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My daughter signed up for this package today. Mine is £91 for VIVID 100 and V box not even on TiVo. Been with ntl/virgin forever, no regard for loyalty 👎👎👎
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

new customers always get the best deals. that is how business works. over time the regular customer pays the most. ofcom and the government encourage people to shop around/haggle.

phone 150 thinking of leaving option to haggle a better deal.
ferox68
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Did you get multiple offers for a new mobile ?
It is unacceptable to have to make multiple phone calls to speak to an advisor to amend or cancel your service.
Virgin Media Customer Service is everything but, and not fit for purpose. It is about time OFCOM looked into this practice.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi aquitaine

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about the package offers.

If you can talk to the teams via the methods mentioned above by @Kippies, or get in touch with them via Webchat they would be able to look at options for you.

You can contact them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat for any billing or package related queries where they can clear security with you.

Webchat  can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

E.G-Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Kindest regards

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

jimmydh63
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I now how business works, but the disparity in prices is ridiculous.  I have tried the 'thinking of leaving option' only to be told there is no deals available and if you wish to carry on we will be put you through to disconnections.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi jimmydh63, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear we're unable to offer you a deal that you're happy with. 

We try and do what we can for our customers however if you're unhappy with the deals on offer then the only other thing you could do is leave us. 

Each and every customer is valued and we apologise if we didn't make you feel like this. 

Speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they can do one more check to see if there are any new deals available for you. 

Apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

jimmydh63
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wow, just wow, I am flabbergasted with your response, firstly that I got one but secondly I don’t know where to start! 

‘apologies that we are unable to offer you a deal that you’re happy with’

answer - you didn’t offer a deal you said like it or lump it or disconnect 

This is quite obvious in your next sentence - if your unhappy with the deals on offer then leave, whoo.

Then you apologise for not making me feel like a valued customer. I’m so valued after 20 years approx (ntl and its predecessor should count) you practically told me to get lost 

It gets worse,  after saying goodbye, adios  etc.  you then say contact us again ......etc. ?  Maybe you should contact me, you do have my number.

This just sums up your customer services. I am posting on a forum for customers to see what reactions or solutions I can get from other customers.  I did not come on to this forum to get your response in such a negative manner (I already got that on the phone twice).

I will be leaving, but in my time when I have my new supplier in place.

In the words of the the immortal ‘have a nice day’

jimmydh