cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seems like common cancellation woes

1managainst
Joining in

Just the usual nightmare dealing with Virgin. What do you have to do to cancel your services? I phoned on the 10th Dec 21 to make sure they cancelled after 30 days. They said they would cancel on 14th Jan. But I heard nothing from them, no confirmation, no return request for equipment. Fortunately my new broadband was installed this weekend and I have turned off the Virgin box. I checked on Saturday and was told that I cancelled the cancellation on the 10th Dec and the work order for termination was cancelled. So I am still getting charged.

Tried phoning multiple times and they just fob you off. I even tried to recancel the services yesterday but got no confirmation so I checked again today and it was still not done. Now can't get through at all after numerous 1/2 hour holds on the line.

Already raised a complaint but just need to get the cancellation done. Tried web chat but they are also "too busy" and they keep trying to push me onto What's App.

This can't even be described as support.....more like punishment for daring to leave. 

😡

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello 1managainst

It's disappointing to hear of the problems getting the disconnection actioned, we appreciate the frustration this has caused and you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

I'm eager to get this looked into further for you and resolved, I will need to get some additional information from you and will send you a Private Message.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello 1managainst

It's disappointing to hear of the problems getting the disconnection actioned, we appreciate the frustration this has caused and you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

I'm eager to get this looked into further for you and resolved, I will need to get some additional information from you and will send you a Private Message.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Rob

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're welcome 1managainst, apologies for the experience but happy to help get this resolved for you.

Rob

I have to say this sound very much like my experience.
Not enough staff to deal with things and a concerted effort to delay cancellations to wrong another month or two from the customer.

June now and it doesn't seem, to me, to have got any better, it took 4 me attempts to get through, but I did gett caught out by the offers of chat by web help, chat by text and whats app etc, but when i discovered they didnt deliver for me I persevered only to be told, despite my remonstrations, that if I cancelled now I would be faced with early cancellation charges and I needed to phone in exactly 30 days before my minimum contract period ended. 

Not how I interpret "a minium of 30 days" notice and secondly the cancellation changes for 4 days early termination will, if consumer law is adhered to, be minimal, probably far less than I will pay on contract overrun.  

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ianfromnotts 

Sorry to say that the agent you spoke to was wrong and should have acepted your cancellation notice, which as you rightly said should be a minimum of 30 days.

Early termination details are listed on

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/early-disconnection-fees 

As you've found, the whatsapp service isn't the fastest.

I suggest the quickest method is by  phoning again. 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am (weekdays) or 9am (weekends) when lines first open to avoid call queues. You are also more likely to speak to a UK based agent.

You can also use good old fashioned snail mail. If writing send it by registered (signed for) post, including all your account details  to 

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

little to be gained by pusuing contractual law with a telesales operative whose prime objective, as it appeared to me, was to prevent cancellations. As you say there is more than one way to circumvent first level telesales, I find the formal complaints process is usually the fastest way to resolve issues