cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking a link to link Netflix

cartomkate
On our wavelength

Hi having spent numerous futile hrs on the phone I see from the community that there is an issue similar to mine for many of you.

Basically i switched to a new Virgin package last week that included Netflix. Some of you mentioned receiving a link to activate it. I didn’t get such a link and thanks to a ‘helpful’ but not knowledgeable call centre operative, I ended up paying a sub to Netflix via my credit card. I was told my issue was raised with IT  and a ticket number given to me . Todays operative can find no such ticket number exists! So if anyone can send me an activation link( don't even know if that’s possible tho’) it might save me from hitting my head off yet another wall. 

17 REPLIES 17

Hi Hayley 

Thanks for the update. It may come as a surprise to you, but not to me , that I have not received any link. I have checked junk/ spam folders and nothing. I don’t know what system you are looking at that seems to indicate that the matter is resolved, but it most definitely isn’t and numerous comments on social media would suggest likewise. From past experience perhaps someone at Virgin merely states it has been resolved? The same exit strategy style as give a false ticket number for a fault or simply hang up.

I don’t really understand how the Community works but it seems to relay the same incorrect messages/ outcomes as the Call Centre.

"from what I can see on the system, the issue is resolved"

@Hayley_S are you referring to cartomkate ? or the whole Netflix fiasco? , this is not the first such post lately ! , is this the latest tactic you have been told to use from above ?

With that and for some reason @Carly_S promising reolution in 48 hours to some of us at the week-end I wonder what you are basing your replies on , it would appear to be pure fantasy at the moment ?

Please post the TRUTH - WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON ???

We don't need the fob off's and BS , we can all see straight through that after seeing it for so long...

Maybe as a group the forum team should be putting some pressure on management to come out of hiding and tell it as it is and to actually offer some real help.

Well said! It’s becoming farcical now. I think Martin Lewis needs to get on the case with Lutz Schueler and highlight reputational damage and no doubt a hit on his bonus?!!

I posted this in another persons post yesterday, let’s see how many we get to tick off as a game of bingo whilst we wait for a resolution to the Netflix virgin killer serial!

The system is broke, you will read a lot of the same complaint from over the last 4 months, sorry to be the one to break the bad news but be ready for when the forum staff are on for a load of cut and paste answers

1, have you checked the mail hasn’t gone in to spam (they know it hasn’t been sent) then they will tell you check your mails again

2, you will be asked to clear your cache and to reboot your browser (this also doesn’t work but it fobs you off for a day

3, you will told there is an issue and they will raise an IT ticket (they won’t)

4, you chase your ticket to be told it was raised incorrectly ( It wasn’t actually raised) and they say they will raise another to again fob you off for a few days.

5, you come back to chase the imaginary ticket, this time they will say they will escalate it (which they won’t)

6, you realise it’s all lies and become bitter and twisted like a lot of us have on here as we are just treated with contempt.

best of luck and i hope to be proved wrong, but sadly I know I will not be

House!

We will all have a full house in no time..

Sadly that totally sums up the contribution of the forum team on this subject , we can all see that ! They never stray from those answers to actually give any of us a straight answer to a straight question , those posts are just completely ignored.

Bang on you’re a star! Even in a short time I can tick many boxes!😂😂

Hi cartomkate, thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear you're still unable to register for your inclusive Netflix.  Have you not been able to register via your online account? There should be an option there for you.

Regards

Lee_R

Very predicatable reply!  There SHOULD be a tile , but from the fact that the answer is ALWAYS no , I don't know why this reply is persisted with !