cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary account problem and dire customer service from VM

malsiluk
Fibre optic

I don't tend to look at my online Virgin Media account very often, but a few weeks ago, you sent me an email about looking to see what amount of services I'd used and going onto account to see this.

I thought I'd have a look, just out of interest and logged onto my account, to be met with a message to say I was not entitled to view this, because I only had a secondary account. Now I have been with Virgin Media since before it was Virgin Media, hence the old @ntlworld email. I pay the bills, agree the contracts and nobody else has ever done so. Thus, the 'secondary account' bit is a Virgin Media **bleep**-up.

Can't ring you to sort it out, so I tried my luck with your chat service. Oh my God, how bad is that!! No exaggeration, I was on the chat service for 1 hour, 45 mins continuous. In that time, I talked to 2 people and 500 robots (approx) I could go on and explain the dreadful details of the useless chat system and robots that say same thing over and over again and ask same questions over and over again but I can't be bothered.

I finally got hold of someone who agreed he was the correct department to deal with the issue and said all he had to do was message someone, who could correct the error and it would be done within 24 hours. That was 3 weeks ago and surprise surprise, it has not yet been corrected.

The day after, I got one of your survey emails. You know the one -"Thanks for getting in touch with our team recently. At Virgin Media, we want to give you great customer service, so we'd really like to find out how things went when you called us so we can make improvements wherever we can."  I was happy to complete it and lets say that Virgin Media didn't score very highly - like nought! And at that stage, I was still expecting the problem to be fixed. Please ask them to send me another survey now and explain how I can give a score lower than zero.

So, to sum up, I am still a Secondary Account and you can't be bother to correct that. Maybe you need to start collecting the monthly bill payment from somebody else then, as it's clearly not my responsibility.

5 REPLIES 5

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi malsiluk, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the email service. The secondary email is an additional email which has been set up. I would ask that you log into the online account and under the profile section it will display the primary email address. ^Chris

Thank you for the reply.

My email address, which is the primary one to which you send notifications, is the original account email address of over 20 years standing. It is not an additional one which has been set up.

Somebody at Virgin Media has got this very mixed up. The account display name is 'Malcolm' (my name) but that shows up under my son's email address (he is Michael. Same surname) It would appear you think he is the main account holder, despite fact he doesn't pay the bills or agree the contracts. I do that and always have done. This used to be correct, but some time ago, it got mixed up by VM.

When I had the very lengthy online chat session 3 weeks ago, the person said they could see what the problem was and was asking somebody to correct it, which he said would take 24 hours. That was 3 weeks ago! Nothing has happened to correct it.

Hi @malsiluk,

What is the name that appears when you log into the online account? That would be the account holder.

On the account you would only have the one primary email address, and the others would be secondary/additional addresses. Can you clarify what it is that you're looking to fix regarding this? We can then go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach,

Thanks for getting back to me again.

I think I have sorted it, but I'm not surprised I was confused. The saved login on the computer was taking me into my son's (Michael) part of the account, but the display name was set to Malcolm (me) When I looked, it was also saying "Your contact email address will be used to send notifications to you including your monthly eBill." and also has messages about upgrades and account changes on the screen. All showing under the name 'Malcolm'. I might be dim, but it was easy to think that you wouldn't have such messages on a secondary account, because I'm guessing a secondary account holder cannot change the contract.

I have changed the display name in that part from Malcolm to Michael and that now makes it a great deal clearer. Thank you for helping me sort that out.

Pity is that 3 weeks ago, after spending 105 minutes on a chat session, the person at the other end (who told me he could see the problem and get it resolved) could not have pointed it out like you have. Also, when the message was received by the person who was meant to 'correct' the issue, should have messaged me to say so, not just ignored it so it looked like I was still waiting for it to be dealt with.

Anyway, problem solved, so thanks for your help. Case closed. 👍

Thanks for the update malsiluk and glad to hear this has now been resolved. If you need us again in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch 🙂

Rob