cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sca required

Jshaun1968
Tuning in

Good morning I have tried numerous times in paying my bill without success as it keeps saying sca required by virgin why isn’t virgin updating the systems in order for customers to pay there bills 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am having the same problem. Tried from different browsers and devices. This has ONLY happened this month, previously I have had no problems paying Virgin Media by card.

I have contacted my bank and there is no problem with payments I made from their end.

This problem is ONLY happening with Virgin Media - all other payments I have made go through with their respective systems no problem at all. So it seems that something is not working on the Virgin side (or their payment handler) rather than with customer's banks.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

31 REPLIES 31

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jshaun1968. 

Can I just ask if you have posted on our other Social Pages?

And have you been able to make the payment since this post 

Gareth_L

Hi thankyou for the reply no I'm still having trouble paying the bill 

Hi Jshaun1968,

Have you tried paying through our App 

Gareth_L

Hi I have tried everything and also using a different card virgin have to update the sca a new identification method until then it won't let me pay 

Hi Jshaun1968, sincerest apologies for these difficulties paying your bill. 

How were you trying to make the payment? (By phone?)

When and where did the 'SCA required' message appear? 

Is it appearing via our My Virgin Media app? If so, and you are able to get a screenshot please post this in your next reply. 

Sadly we are unable to take payments via the community forum, but if you were to call us on 0345 454 1111 you can use options 1, 1, 1 to make a  payment! 

Let us know how you are getting on. 

All the best!

Molly

Good morning molly I've tried everything from the app to the website I cannot call as I'm currently in usa and my giffgaff won't allow it I have screen shot it 

Screenshot_20220519-094643_NatWest.jpg

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jshaun1968 wrote:

I have tried numerous times in paying my bill without success as it keeps saying sca required by virgin why isn’t virgin updating the systems in order for customers to pay there bills

Apologies for butting in but just to clarify - SCA is "Strong Customer Authentication" and is now a legal requirement for banks in the UK.

When you make a card payment online this usually involves the bank sending you a code via an SMS text message to your mobile that you have to enter into the "Verified by Visa" or "MasterCard SecureCode" webpage that comes up when you use a card online. By doing that you are confirming that it is you making the payment.

In truth the banks do not necessarily go through that process for every transaction. The fact that you are making the payment from the US has probably prompted the bank or credit card company's system to make that extra check this time.

Also, you say you cannot call from the US but can you receive text messages from the UK on your phone? If not - that might well be the cause of the problem.

Alternatively, it might be that you have not supplied your bank or credit card company with a mobile number to use for SCA.

I hope that helps.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the responses Jshaun1968,

Welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced regarding this, can I ask is there anyway your phone can receive text messages whilst abroad i.e. through Wi-Fi?

Thanks,

Kain

Good morning no I cannot receive txt messages either