cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Contact No

Jordan-p
Tuning in

Looking for a number I can contact to switch over my families plan and account over to me. I don't have their account details, they're older and dint remember, they've been with them for years. But I'm also looking to speak to a sales rep so I can get some questions answered. 

Why don't they have a number for this? It seems silly, thanks in advance.

~Jordan

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

The customer a/c number and area number are shown on the bills and on the email that delivers the bills.

It was an old email, all I know is it had ntl in it compared to something like @hotmail etc.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media no longer do 'transfer of responsibility' for the accounts.  If you want to become the account holder the current account holder will have to give notice to close their account.  You would then be able to open a new account in your name.

The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'll just have to get them to ring up and sit through the call with them then.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jordan-p  Have a look at this page to see if any of the options are relevant:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/accessibility

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

They're not really, I should be fine as long as I'm sat next to them. But still I remember there being a number you could call for Sales.

Other than that I do have to ask, if their bill starts from the 27th and I'm switching it over to me on the 2nd, do they get charged full amount in this case?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jordan-p, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear your family are having issues accessing the account information. 

I am afraid we no longer offer the option to take over an existing account from a friend or relative. If you wish to have an account in your name, the current account would need to be cancelled and you would then join us as a new customer. 

If you wish to speak to us on their behalf, you are welcome to call with them present and you can reach the team on 0345 454 1111 / 150.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks, 

Nat