cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCA issue - Can't pay outstanding bill with Natwest

Lynda32
Tuning in

Hi there

I'm trying to pay an outstanding bill online (via card linked to my direct debit account), as direct debit failed for July.  I'm with Natwest.  I've been trying to sort this problem out recently, I had to wait for a password reminder letter, which has now come through.  Everytime I try to pay online I get an SCA issue & payment fails.  I'm also currently getting 'Bad Request' error messages when trying to visit certain Virgin Media sites, further complicating the issue.  Resulting in just loads of stress & agro.  I've already queried problem with Natwest, they confirm problem is NOT at their end, but with Virgin Media.  Please can this be sorted out asap, I'm on Whatsapp (had chat via that the other day), I hate using phones (that's an Aspie thing), email communication as a whole is preffered.

I see via the forum that others are having a similar problem, regarding SCA failures.  Please can you get this fixed asap?  I'm fully reliant on internet, so it needs sorting.  I'd also like to see about downgrading my broadband only package.

Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Lynda32 

Sorry to see you are having problems with the VM site accepting payments, there is a dedicated automated payment line on 0800 064 3777. It’s available to use all day, every day.

Just make sure you have your account number and area reference number to hand. You can find these details at the top right hand corner of your bill.

As to downgrading your broadband only package, I'm afraid the forum team can't help with this

You mention that you don't like using the phone. You could either contact VM using WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112,  or text messenger  on 0753 305 1809

Please be aware that replies aren't instant from either of these services, as phone calls take priority, although the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lynda32,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I can see that you posted about this a few days ago and my colleague responded to you there, but we didn't hear back from you. It also looks like @newapollo has offered some advice on how to make a payment above along with how to reach out to the team to discuss a potential package change/upgrade.

If you still need some further assistance then please let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @newapollo

Problem is now, hopefully, solved.  I went via Whatsapp messaging.  I paid outstanding bill via bank transfer.  

Many thanks for your assistance 🙂

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for updating the thread Lynda32, glad to hear it was resolved and thank you @newapollo for your post 🙂 

Zoie