Menu
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ridiculously complex bills/contract

I simply cant understand the relation between my contract and my bill;

according to my bill I pay 60 pounds minus two separate discounts ending March 2020 and June 2019; and so I am wondering about whether I need to approach Virgin about renewing my discount; although the two discounts come to 25 pounds assuming the formatting is saying 10 pounds and 15 pounds, but this doesnt work out to the credit which is 33 pounds?

My contract however refers to two discounts ending in March 2020 and April 2020;an AR discount a loyalty discount but with no amounts next to them.

I really have no idea what this bill is trying to tell me, how much I should be paying....Both bills seem to come to 46 pounds and that is what I have been paying since last year but is this going to change this year or next.

It really is a confusing thing.....not very professional, legal nor does it encourage confidence

Screenshot 2019-04-18 at 20.33.31.pngThe billScreenshot 2019-04-18 at 20.33.53.pngthe contract

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ridiculously complex bills/contract

It’s really quite simple.

your bundle costs £60

you have to have line rental on top of that £19 (£79 total)

you have £33 of credits applied to your bill (£46 total)

Every change that’s going to happen to your bill shows there. It tells you how much and when your bill goes up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So ignore the contract? I assumed the contract contained deadlines for deals that were relevant but you think not

So on the bill what is A10 and A15?

and you think they total 33£

This also means that one of them ends in June so I should contact them!

thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Where does it differ from the contract? (I would query the dates being slightly different between your two pictures though)

And yes one ends in June, the 9 month discount is the one it says. Did you renegotiate your package at any point as the 2nd picture shows discounts ending in 2018 so assuming it’s a very old picture.

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I guess I still don’t understand what status the contract has...that is a picture from yesterday off my web account which I downloaded as guidance as to what my contract states 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi machineghost,

Are you able to advise what you're still unsure of when it comes to your contract and bill?

If you're ever unsure when it comes to your billing or your contract any of our customer service agents are more than happy to go through it with you.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Bear in mind there would of been a yearly price increase November just gone (which would be why you pay £46 not £43 as original contract states)

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

thanks

what are the two discounts A 15 and A10 and do they add to 33

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The discounts should be in pounds so it's a £15 and a £10 discount, this tells me that you have an additional £8 discount that isn't reported on your bill for you, this may be a retentions based discount as they sometimes don't appear on the billing, particularly when they end on the same date as other discounts.

Were your services installed earlier than the agreed installation date on the contract? If that is the case it may explain the difference between the discount end dates on the bill and the ones on the contract as the discounts will have a set period of time they will run and begin from the date the services were installed.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

thanks for your attempt to help with this, but you hit the nail on the head. Neither the contract nor the bill are clear.

I want to know how much of a discount might end soon. And your reading of the bill is that there is a discount ending in June, which is of some amount related to the numbers 10 and 15 but probably either 18 and 15 and 10 and 23. When I call them to ask about the discount that is ending I won't have the information to understand what I am trying to negotiate.

So ultimately this thread confirms that the these contracts and bills are confusing, that the contract ends being relevant if you change your package, and the contract doesn't seem to get updated on the web page. Clicking on My Contract is of nominal interest, and the various ways that discounts are applied are obtuse to the say the least.

If other people on these threads would share their bills it would be really helpful to understand what is possible.

0 Kudos