cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns

Timwilky
Fibre optic

When I received my hub4. It came without any supporting documentation. Despite on the box a notice to consult the non existent quick start guide.

I have now received an email asking me to return my old hub 3. But no information of how to!

So how do I return an old hub???

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky
6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It works the same as your old Hub 3. Just plug in the cables.  If it doesn't connect right away, phone the activation number 0800 953 9500.

They should have sent you a return package for the old Hub. If they haven't, it may arrive separately.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

No need to activate, when I plugged it in. It was already active.

So the email today. is  :-

"

Hello,

We recently sent you a new piece of equipment to replace the equipment you currently had and now you have this connected to our network we need you to return the old equipment back to us.

Please follow the simple instructions we’ve provided in the pack that we delivered with the new equipment. We use Collect+ services for returning equipment, and you can find your nearest drop off point at collectplus.co.uk/storefinder

What needs to be returned?

The description and serial number of the equipment are shown below:"

No instructions in the pack. use collectplus, but surely there should be a returns label etc. or how the hell do the couriers know where to return it to?

VM Network - Timwilky

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you hold on, a staff member here should be able to help 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Timwilky,

Thank you for getting in touch about this. I'm really sorry to hear you've been facing some issues getting the Hub 4 set up. We've got a set up guide video which you can watch and should prove helpful if you're still struggling.

Regarding returning the Hub 3, some returns packaging should arrive soon. Was this new Hub 4 part of an upgrade or to help rectify a technical fault you've been experiencing?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks Zac

It was an upgrade from M600 to Gig1. VM needs the feedback that they are not providing any docs in the box. Fortunately I got a text about 30 mins of plugging in that it had been activated. but had to mess about first.

1) turn it on, get a wifi connection to my phone and select modem mode.

2) damn, it obviously needs activating, pin hole reset to get back a wifi so I can test, home network connected to failover 4G to look up how to activate etc.

3) WTH, it is suddenly working, back to modem mode. Oh test to say it is activated...err yes I already know!

4) peace and normality restored with network now connected to the thicko hub.

Week later email to return kit, but no info as to where.
VM Network - Timwilky

Thanks for your reply Timwilky,

Sorry to hear that you hub activation did not go as smoothly as it should. Thanks for your feedback, we are always looking to improve our service. Your returns packaging should return within 3-5 days, if not then please let us know.

Cheers,

Corey C