cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns Packaging not received despie numerous contact attempts

Lambston
Joining in

I recently cancelled my account with Virgin and was told that I would receive returns packaging delivered to my new address in order to return the router. 

After not receiving the packaging after two weeks of my account being closed I requested the packaging to be sent again via the pre-paid packaging request form and also spoke to a Virgin Media operative via Whatsapp who confirmed that it will be resent. I have also sent two emails to EquipmentReturns@virginmedia.co.uk in the hope of obtaining further information.

It is now a further 10 days along and i am still waiting to receive the packaging despite continuing to receive emails and texts threatening to charge me £40.

Having read a number of forum posts outlining frequent occasions where the same has happened to others I am a little concerned that this may be by design so that Virgin can charge leaving customers despite their intention to return equipment.

Therefore I would be very grateful if one of the Virgin Forum Team could confirm that the pre-paid packaging has been sent (and to the correct address) and when I can expect to receive it? If this is not the case I would appreciate if they could advise on other options to return the router without being charged penalty fees or escalate it internally.

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Lambston 

You can actually print out your own returns label using the following link

https://www.collectplus.yodel.co.uk/virgin 

After clicking Create a new label. you will be prompted for your email address. Once you receive the email you will be able to print out a returns label which includes a barcode. You can then parcel up your equipment and drop it off at the nearest Collect + store.

They will give you a receipt which you can keep and track the parcels progress.

Make sure to enclose a covering letter along with your name/address and account number.

Use either or both of the following links to find your nearest store

https://www.collectplus.co.uk/find-a-store 

https://www.collectplus.yodel.co.uk/store-locator?v=2. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Many thanks Dave,

Unfortunately I don't have access to a printer so printing my own label was not an option.

However I am pleased to say that i have now received the returns packaging. The print quality of the label is awful so i'm rather concerned that the Collectplus drop off point and driver will not be able to scan it though fingers crossed. 

So long as they accept the package and you've got a receipt (and keep it safely, or take a photo on your phone as easy to access evidence) then the print clarity doesn't matter, as the actual safe return to VM is not your concern.  Your responsibility ends entirely when you hand it back to VM's contracted collection service, in this case Collect Plus.  

Usually all ends well once you've handed the package over and got your receipt, but very occasionally VM insist they didn't receive the kit back (this is Yodel and Virgin Media, after all).  In that case you'll end up with VM taking or demanding a non-return fee, and if that happens you can either get the forum staff to sort it out, or you can let VM take the fee, raise a complaint demanding the fee back plus compensation of say £50, and when that gets fobbed off take the matter to CISAS.  If it ever needed to get to that stage you might ask CISAS for compensation for the difficulty of getting return packaging, for the taking of the non-return fee, and for any poor complaint handling that necessitated you taking the matter to adjudication.  

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced Lambston, 

Welcome to the community. 

With you receiving thepackage you should be okay with the return, do let us know if any issues occur with this.

Regards,

Kain

Many thanks Kain,

Unfortunately I've just tried to drop off the router at my local O2 shop as advised in Virgin's 'Returning Your Virgin Media Equipment' email and was told that they couldn't accept it as they need specific paperwork for that. When I asked what paperwork they needed they could not tell me and simply told me to take it up with Virgin. 

Unsurprisingly there is absolutely no mention of any alternative documentation needed to drop off equipment at O2 stores or any instructions how to obtain this anywhere in the instructions provided to me or on the Virgin website.

Therefore I will now have to go further afield to find a Collect+ pick up location. 

This really has been an absolute shambles from Virgin.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies for that, 

To clarify, was this one of our registered locations for a collection point?

Also was this the closest store to you?

Cheers,

Kain

Hi Kain,

I'm afraid I have no idea whether it was one of your registered collection locations. however as my nearest O2 store I assumed that the following instructions would apply:

O2 Stores

Or, if you'd rather, feel free to drop your returns package off at your nearest O2 store, which you can find at ..........

I have now dropped off the parcel at a Collect+ collection point. Therefore I very much hope that I won't receive any further threatening emails or texts from Virgin and would be grateful if you could feedback that returning equipment really shouldn't be made so difficult or require customers to go to so much effort.

It does seem that this is by design to create an additional revenue stream as a result of leaving customers giving up and paying the penalty charges simply to avoid having to deal with Virgin any further.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Lambston 

Returned items are scanned into VM systems in bulk.

The emails sent out regarding returns are automated and won't stop until VM systems have been updated to show the item(s) have been received.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi there @Lambston, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the return package and the notifications.
I'll be able to assist you in getting those notifications stopped.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs