cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning equipment

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am going abroad for 3 months and have cancelled my broadband contract. I will probably rejoin on my return. I have to return my hub 3 but as the contract ends after my planned departure there will be no one here to return it. Does this mean I will be charged for the hub? Linda

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Linda,

Yes, if the equipment isn't returned you will be charged up to £50 for the hub 3 as per

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/priceguides 

Do you have a friend, neighbour, family member that can return the equipment for you as you can have the returns packaging sent to a different address using the link below?

virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment/request-returns-pack 

You can also use the packaging from the above link to send the equipment back early (the pakaging isn't normally sent out until around 10 days after the services are disconnected)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I could ask someone to do it but I believe I have 80 days to return it and VM will refund charge. So think I will just leave it and then if I start a new contract just before I return I’ll have a hub albeit not the latest. 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good afternoon linda392

Thanks for posting. I will send you a PM now to assist further and send you some packaging 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for your message. If you check my profile, this will confirm who I am. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for coming back to me. You won't be able to use the existing hub on the new account, so please do confirm the details asked for via PM and I can send the returns packaging.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you John and for your advice. VM are sending the return packaging for the hub. I will ask someone to return the hub for me. Kind regards.