cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning equipment - Moving abroad

GilC
Joining in

Hello,

I have contacted Virgin Media that I am leaving the UK on the 12th of July (in 5 days).
When I asked for a return kit to be sent as soon as possible I was told it would arrive in the next 2 weeks.

Unfortunately it has been more than 3 weeks since that happened and I still don't have a return kit.

Since those 2 weeks time-frame passed I have called Virgin media 3 more times and was assured every time that a new kit would arrive after X days. Unfortunately they never did.

I also requested a kit 2 times using this link: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment/request-returns-pack, but nothing has arrived so far.

I have a HUB 3.0 so I cannot recycle it I need to return it.
I do not have anyone in the UK who can do this for me at a later date. 

PLEASE can someone send me the return kit in some express way or at least send a Collect+ Label to my email so I can pack my Hub and return it?

I am trying to do the right thing by returning my equipment in a timely fashion but Virgin is making this impossible and honestly after all the money I have spent with Virgin on the phone already I hope I won't need to end up paying because you cannot get a return kit to me.

I appreciate your help. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GilC,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post. 

We truly apologise that you have still not received your returns packaging after many requests. I can understand that this is not ideal as you are travelling very soon. I have been able to access your account using forum details and I can see you recently contacted our team via phone regarding this. A further note has been made on your account saying this was prepared to be sent out yesterday.

Please let me know if you do not receive this in the next 3 days and I will do my best to find an alternative resolution.

Please keep me updated,

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GilC,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post. 

We truly apologise that you have still not received your returns packaging after many requests. I can understand that this is not ideal as you are travelling very soon. I have been able to access your account using forum details and I can see you recently contacted our team via phone regarding this. A further note has been made on your account saying this was prepared to be sent out yesterday.

Please let me know if you do not receive this in the next 3 days and I will do my best to find an alternative resolution.

Please keep me updated,

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The return kit arrived today! 🙂
Thank you

goslow
Alessandro Volta

When you send the kit back, keep good records of all posting confirmation documents and tracking/delivery numbers etc.

There are regular mentions on the forum of the VM process for signing the kit back in again being just as (in)efficient as that for sending the packaging out!

Great to hear GilC

Please take it all packaged to your local Collect Plus store

They'll give you a receipt - please keep this as it's your insurance document and they'll send the package to us. 

Entire process takes around 10 days.

All the best with the move as well 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill