cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning customer- can't register with old email address

superstaff79
Joining in

Hi, I've just returned to Virgin Media but I can't register for My Virgin Media with my email address, as it's 'already in use'. Can anyone tell me if I can reset or wipe my old account, or how to deregister my email from the old account?

Many thanks

79 REPLIES 79

Alex_2022_BR
Joining in

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. The below is the message that i get when trying to use my email address.

Alex_2022_BR_0-1653337085742.png

Many thanks,

garyd007
On our wavelength

chrismh,

I have the exact same issue on a different thread.

I've raised the same GDPR concerns, and threatened VM with the ICO.

They're not remotely interested.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Alex_2022_BR,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Really sorry for the issues faced regarding this, to investigate I've dropped you a PM to discuss further.

You'll find this message within the purple envelope icon.

Thanks,

Kain

Rds261189
Up to speed

Hi,

I'm returning to Virgin Media and have the same problem my Gmail email is registered to old account and the Gmail address is same for new account and it's showing old account details when I login,. Can you please send me a PM to get the new account merged?

Thanks

R SCOTT

I'm still awaiting resolution a month in, and yes GDPR doesnt seem to matter, just brush the issue aside.

Hi Rds261189,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We can certainly take a look at getting your email address moved over your new address so you can register for an online account.

Before we invite you in for a private chat, can we ask if you have been installed yet? We only ask as we cannot register for an online account if you have not yet been installed.

Kind regards Jodi. 

ASingh1
On our wavelength

Ah, I've been waiting a few weeks for it to be fixed.

Cant login because at the start I had the DEF01 error and now it's the "we're sorry to see you go". 

it's still ongoing and the 5 days wait time for the investigation has turned into weeks but nothing works.

We do apologise for the time this issue is taking to resolve ASingh1.

We can see that you already have an IT ticket raised over this matter, and upon checking your ticket this afternoon we can still see this is open and being investigated.

We are aware of the issue and are working as quickly as possible to get this rectified for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

My router arrives on Saturday so my broadband comes live then

R SCOTT

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Rds261189,

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

To sort this I've dropped you a PM to discuss further.

Thanks,

Kain