cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning customer- can't register with old email address

superstaff79
Joining in

Hi, I've just returned to Virgin Media but I can't register for My Virgin Media with my email address, as it's 'already in use'. Can anyone tell me if I can reset or wipe my old account, or how to deregister my email from the old account?

Many thanks

79 REPLIES 79

PM1992
Joining in

Hi all, 

I'm having the exact same issue as discussed. 

I left VM back in 2013 so it's been nearly 10 years since I closed my account. 

My service was activated today and I still can't re register as it says sorry you've left.

Please could I get assistance either purging the old account or merging them. 

Thanks! 

Hi Beth, I have the same issue - would you be able to help me to please?

Thanks 

Hi there @PM1992, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you have been unable to create your online account, it seems like there needs to be an IT ticket raised for you to complete the transfer over so your new account details will show with your existing online account.

I can certainly help you with this so I'll send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi there @Richshepherd, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you are also having issues with setting up your online account due to the email being associated with your former account.

As mentioned in my previous message on the thread this is something that I can help with so I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @Richshepherd

Just an update for the forum, I have raised a ticket to our IT team to have the account updated with the correct details.

Please let us know if you need anything further.

Regards

Nathan

Hi, I’m having the same issue. Could you help me please?

Hi there @Joe_savvy, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you are also having issues with logging into your account due to your email being associated with a former account. I can certainly help get this raised for you, so I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

TLe
Joining in

Hi all,

I have the same issue! Would you be able to help me to please?

Thank you!

Still waiting for some form of positive action......ever wish you hadnt swapped, cant wait to be asked to review the service, would I recommend VM, not likely currently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh my giddy aunt, now I have to pass security as its "been a while".  Never get updated on progress or not as is the case.  Complete joke VM, back to BT for me!!!