cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning customer- can't register with old email address

superstaff79
Joining in

Hi, I've just returned to Virgin Media but I can't register for My Virgin Media with my email address, as it's 'already in use'. Can anyone tell me if I can reset or wipe my old account, or how to deregister my email from the old account?

Many thanks

79 REPLIES 79

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Superstaff79,

Thanks for your post and welcome to forums 🙂 

Sorry to hear you have been having issues, is this a virgin media email account? Did you leave then come back or move home? 

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

The email isn't a virgin email account. I left Virgin Media for a while, then returned, but the email in question is still registered to Virgin it seems.

Many thanks

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thank you for clarifying.

The email address you previously used for a My Virgin Media username will still be registered with your old account, even if it's been closed. However we can merge both your old and new accounts together so that you can continue using the same email address to log in, under our move and transfer process.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some more details and look into this for you.

Please find my PM over at the purple envelope.

Beth

Beth

Hi superstaff79,

Thanks for providing your details over PM with me.

I have now raised a request for your accounts to be merged. Once our IT Team have completed the merge for you, I will let you know from here 🙂

They can take up to 5 working days to action these tickets but will aim to resolve as soon as possible.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else in the meantime

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth, I have the same issue - would you be able to help me with this?

Hi @CM2022,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

It's great to have you back 🙂

Will pop you a PM now so I can confirm some details and get things sorted for you.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Chrisgreenaway,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting!

Of course! I'll pop you a PM now so we can put a request in to merge both your old and new accounts together under our Move & Transfer process 🙂

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message. 

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi @Chrisgreenaway,

Just following up with you on the back of the IT ticket that I raised for you. The team have carried out the provisioning checks and the email address concerned is not linked to your old account. If you register using your new account number, you should be able to use this email. 

Please can you try again and let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi, i have exactly the same issue. Could you help me resolve it too please?  I also need to check my install date too please.

Thanks