cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning Equipment I don't have

NeilMac59
Tuning in

Having been with Virgin for years I have recently moved my internet provide to another service. I have been asked to return three items of which I have 2 - a router and a TV set top box. The router is Netgear Super Hub that I have been using for years.

The 3rd items is an Arris Super Hub which I don't have that which I don't think I have ever received . There is no way to find out through MyVirgin when this item was theoretically sent to me. The phone options menu doesn't cover this issue specifically or even the return of items generally.

Personally I think it is a bit of an excuse to justify charging £40 to people who cancel their Virgin service. Does anyone know:

i) when Virgin started issuing the Arris Super Hub routers and what they look like.

ii) if there is Is there any way to find out when a specific piece of kit was sent to me (I have a reference number)?

Many thanks

Neil Mackenzie

5 REPLIES 5

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Neil,

Thanks for posting,

All pieces of equipment we need returned can be found here 

Can you confirm if this is any of the equipment you have?

Alex_Rm

I had booked a collection for today and a helpful gentleman did come round at 7pm. I was able to give him 5 pieces of kit including a TV box and my router but I did not have the second router that was included in the email - an Arris Super Hub (400D103F6343).

Alex - my query is really how I can find out when that Arris Super Hub was sent to me. I am apparently going to be charged £40 for not returning it but I don't have it and I am not sure I have ever had it. It seems to be impossible to get that information from Virgin Media.

Neil

Hi Neil,

Thanks for coming back to us and confirming you gave everything to the technician, you advised you gave us the Router you had, was the previous Router replaced as part of a fault by a technician or was it part of an upgrade and installed by yourself?

Regards

Paul.

No idea to be honest which is why I wanted to find out if/when I was sent this Arris router. How recently have Virgin been using this type of router?

If it was part of an engineer upgrade it must have been sometime ago as the router I returned yesterday has been in use for ages.

Neil

Hi Neilmac59 thanks for getting back to us.

I would like to take a closer look, to see if I can offer clarity.  I will send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R