cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning Customer - How do I register for a new online account with an old email address

nicgeraldi
Joining in

Hi,

I signed up for broadband with an email address I used for a previous account that was closed years ago.

When I try to register for My Virgin Media online, I am told an account already exists and it takes me to the old account.

How do I register for My Virgin Media with the same email address for the new account?

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello nicgeraldi

Thanks for taking the time to post in regards to setting up your online account, we can understand the concern and you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

What happens when you try to set up your online account using the previous email address? Do you get any error messages? Is the email account still open and you have access to it?

Rob

Hi Rob,

When I try to register i receive the below message. When I log in to the account with the old login details, the previously closed account details are displayed, that has not been active since 2018.

nicgeraldi_0-1666014685637.png

Nic

Thanks Nic, that would indicate that the email is still attached to your old account. I will send you a Private Message to get some details to get this looked into and reoslved.

Rob