cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned equipment

Angron
Tuning in

Hi there, I've recently cancelled and returned the equipment to virgin, however they have sent a bill for £65 for equipment.

I have a copy of the collect+ receipt and that it has been picked up by courier but nothing there to say its got there! 

It's not my fault if they didn't receive the package! 

What can I do? 

Appreciate any replies thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Angron

We're eager to get this looked into further for you and appreciate you sending the images of the receipts. We will raise this with the relevant team to look into further and once we have an update we will let you know here.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Angron
Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your equipment return, when did you send the equipment back to us? The returns can take around 10 days to reach our returns depot and be processed.

Regards,

Steven_L

Spoiler
Hi there, thanks for your reply. 

We sent it on the 7th August and I still have a copy of the receipt. 

I got emails twice to say virgin were going to pick it up but I told them we'd already sent it... Then got a bill!! 

Hopefully you can help. IMG-20220823-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220823-WA0000.jpg

Hello Angron

We're eager to get this looked into further for you and appreciate you sending the images of the receipts. We will raise this with the relevant team to look into further and once we have an update we will let you know here.

Rob

Thank you very much.

I hope this can be resolved quickly as I've cancelled the direct debit and can't really afford to be paying £65 when I've done as asked.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Angie

No problem at all @Angron.

We will aim to get back to you as soon as we hear back.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You're not the only one.

As you've cancelled the direct debit, be aware that if the forum staff can't get things sorted quickly there's a notable risk VM's systems will request payment of the non-return charge, it will be refused by your bank, and VM's systems will notify credit reference agencies that you have defaulted against a credit agreement.  If that happens its a serious problem for you - VM won't care, nobody will phone, nobody will get in touch, they'll just smear dirt on your credit history and farm the alleged debt out to a debt collection agency with added late payment charges.  I would strongly recommend you check with a credit reference agency like Experian to see if VM have reported you as a later payer or defaulter, allowing time - perhaps a few weeks - for any such action to occur.  If they have, then since it's down to their own crap systems and poor choice of logistics contractor, then you need to get heavy to have them clear that off the slate, otherwise that'll linger on your credit history for the next six years, potentially affecting loans, mortgages, credit cards, car finance, new energy and phone contracts, even showing up in pre-employment checks.

So, in summary, see what the forum staff can arrange - they will do their best, subject to VM's crummy systems and processes.  Then, assuming that all sounds good, leave it a month and then check your credit history.  If there's any wrongful entries, you notify the ICO that VM are processing inaccurate data, and separate to that you raise a formal complaint with VM,which you'll need to do by donkey post, in which you ask for compensation for their poor performance and wrongful processing of data (say £120), the cancellation of the alleged debt and recall of any scumbag debt collection agency, and correction of the inaccurate credit history data.  If they don't do all of those, you reject their resolution letter and ask for a deadlock letter, and with the deadlock letter you take the same complaint to the industry complaints adjudicator, CISAS.

Hi... I've just received email confirmation that virgin media have received the parcel at last!!

The bill for £65 is still there though 😤

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Angron

Thanks for your reply and good afternoon to you.

I hope you're having a great day, sorry to hear about the mishap with the package but I'm glad to hear it's been resolved now. As for the non-returns charge, let me drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs