cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return of equipment

Alex893
Tuning in

Hi, I hope someone can give me a sensible answer.

I recently asked for one of my boxes (TiVo) to be removed from my account which was duly done, I asked what was to be done with the box and I was told to dispose of it how I wanted, I decided to keep hold of it just in case.

I  since had a fault with my phone line  and after some back and forth with virgin media I eventually managed to get a tech out, during his investigation he decided to replace the hub3 with the hub4, everything is now working great.

Since the new hub was installed I decided that I did not need the power line and wifi adapters so I asked them to be removed from my account. I spoke to someone at virgin media who cancelled the adapters and advised me that they would be collected by someone in the near future and that I would receive an email or text to inform me of a collection date.

I received an email stating that someone would be calling to collect four pieces of equipment

Item Type Item Description Serial Number

Broadband RouterArris Hub 348D3434D38EB
Powerline AdaptorVirgin Ethernet BoosterVAAT8V14M057
Powerline AdaptorVirgin WiFi BoosterVAAU8V14M057
Set Top BoxSamsung TiVo® box 500GBS01014G607202057

by the way the date given to me for the collection no one turned up.

Two phone calls TO virgin media and a number of emails FROM virgin media asking to either post or the equipment would be collected.

Eventually a lady from virgin media collection service turned up and collected the said equipment less the hub which had been returned with the tech.

Since the collection I have had two emails stating that they have not yet received the equipment and this evening I had the same lady knocking on my door also asking what is going on as she was tasked to collect the very same items she collected a week ago.

I am sorry this is so long but I wish to know what VM are playing at and how a company as big as this can be so incompetent. 

14 REPLIES 14

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ordinarily TiVo boxes aren't required back - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/return-or-recycle-equipment 

If you have contrary requests in writing from VM, then you will need to wait for that to be clarified by VM staff

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Alex893

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that you are unhappy that your request to collect the equipment was arranged twice. Hopefully this is now all fully resolved for you now. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hello Carley,

Thank you for your reply. 
I’m I have been with VM for a lot of years now and was happy with their services but this last year has been a nightmare what with VM personnel dumping cable into someone’s skip and which I got the blame for, I made a complaint to VM which has still not been resolved to my satisfaction to this episode. 

Now this issue, I have spoken to three people each time I was told we are very SORRY, we will get this sorted out for you but the it never is. 
I am fed up with all your meaningless company apologies, I don’t want apologies, I would like to be told that something will be done and it is actually done straight away, not have to keep ringing up over the same issue. 
I do feel sorry for you and your customer services for having to bear the brunt of listening to our complaints but maybe if VM sorted their act out and listens to people then maybe things might be a bit better for everyone. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate the frustration caused on this,

To clarify when did our team last arrive to the property for a collection?

Let us know,

Kain

Yesterday

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Right okay,

From checking our service I can see that you have been in touch since that, did our team advise the equipment would now be processed as returned?

Regards,

Kain

No, not since the visit I had from the VM collection lady yesterday.

Hi Alex893, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

If the equipment was collected then it can take around 7 days or so to be processed on to the account. During this time, any reminders would continue to be sent as these are pre-scheduled. 

Once the system processes the return, the reminders will stop. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your reply.

All I can say is that it is that the system you use is pathetic. I would say maybe two days at the most to receive the at the head office or whatever and then to enter the details that the goods were received which would remove them from my account, 7 days with todays technology is pathetic, as for automated sending emails and texts is scandalous for a person of my age who worries that they might find their account suspended or even billed for these items that are not returned.

You ask if I would recommend VM to my friends the answer would be a resounding NO.