cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retentions

AdamantUK
On our wavelength

I gave notice as I'm not happy with the price increase and was expecting a call to at least offer me the same as my previous deal (or better!) from outbound retentions - I was even willing to pay a little extra to get a speed boost!

That's now almost a week ago and I just wondered if anyone knows when I'll get a call (if I do)?

If not, I plan to sign up with Sky BB but would rather stay if it can work out.  If it doesn't, I need to sign up with my new provider in about a week so I'm not without broadband for any period of time.

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @AdamantUK 

There is no guarantee that you'll receive a call from outbound retentions.

Log into My Virgin Media at the top of the page and double check that your marketing is turned on, if it's off they won't be able to call you

If you do receive a call, and your fairly happy with the offer then I suggest that you take up the offer rather than saying "I'll think about it", because there's little chance of the offer being still available again if you don't accept there and then (You would still have 14 days to change your mind with the distance selling regulation)

I see  you gave notice to quit a week ago.  If you are thinking of transferring your landline number to Sky then the VM landline needs to be active  to allow the number port. If you tell Sky to take over the landline they will send a request to VM for the landline and that might kickstart a call from outbound retentions.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @AdamantUK,

As @newapollo stated that we wouldn't call you, if your marketing status is set for you not receive calls, we cannot contact you under GDPR rules.

Have you been able to check that?

Regards,

Steven_L 

Hi,

I updated it last night to allow marketing as it was set to no marketing.

Will it be re-checked or am I likely to receive no call now?

Thanks,
Adam

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect the answer is, that if you've given your disconnection notice already, you need to be prepared to carry through with that.

Make sure your chosen new provider is installed and working before VM is disconnected, to avoid loss of TV/internet service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for coming back to us @AdamantUK. I will check to see if the team will call you now but I cannot guarantee that they will be able to get in touch with you. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi All,

Didn't get a call but got a "sorry to hear you’re leaving" email with a direct number to what I assume is outbound retentions as answered immediately and deal is now done which I am more than pleased with so staying as a VM customer! 🙂

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @AdamantUK 

Thanks for the update.

It's good to see you received an email with a direct number and were able to negotiate a suitable new deal.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @AdamantUK

I am really pleased to hear we found a package and price you are happy with 🙂

If you have any questions at all, just pop us a reply here and we will do our best to help. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide