cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retentions team

SoConfused
Tuning in

Hi

I was wondering  if anyone can help. I’ve been with VM for years and never get offered any deals. Got fed up as even though supposed to be on one of best broadband, it constantly drops out etc and the costs are just sky high!!

I requested to cancel my contract and was being offered a deal, but £30 of that deal was for a SIM card I don’t want!! I kept saying I didn’t want it but the agent wouldn’t remove the option!

Anyway I’ve put my cancellation notice in and I had a call back with what I think was the retentions team, but we got cut off and they haven’t called back since (even though before I answered they were calling me multiple times a day!!). 

Anyone know if they are likely to call back? 

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SoConfused wrote:

I requested to cancel my contract and was being offered a deal, but £30 of that deal was for a SIM card I don’t want!! I kept saying I didn’t want it but the agent wouldn’t remove the option!

It may be that you're being offered a package which includes an O2 SIM. In this case, forget the fact that it's a separate payment - is the total monthly cost in line with what you're wanting? If so - accept it, file the O2 SIM appropriately and just make sure the two separate payments add up to the correct amount.

What you effectively have is the bundle discount for having an additional O2 service more than offsets the cost of that service. You can either say "thankyou for the discount" and take the unwanted service, or insist on "no thanks" but then not get the additional discount. That's a decision only you can make.

@SoConfused wrote:

Anyone know if they are likely to call back? 

Complete lottery, but make sure your outbound marketing permissions are set to "on", and if/when they do call - any offer will be "of the moment" so you will need to accept there & then, not "go away to think about it". If you do that, the offer is gone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks