cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention deal

Sjames16
On our wavelength

I have requested to cancel my Virgin account and last night received a phone call from a member of the Virgin team offering me a deal to stay. I haven't received any confirmation of this offer and there are no notes on my account.

He called from a mobile and his name was Kevin. I've tried calling back this morning and got through to his voicemail in which he states he is a Virgin employee. I can provide his number if necessary?

How can I verify this is genuine?

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sjames16, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've had no confirmation of the deal. Did you accept the deal that was offered? 

If not then there is no guarantee that the deal will be available again as they do change quite often. 

Speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 for them to check on what's available. If you wish to stay then you can do and if not the disconnection will continue as processed. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sjames16
On our wavelength

Hi Kath,

Yes, I accepted the deal and very happy with what was offered. I spoke with someone on live chat this morning who can't see any details on my account. I've tried to call Kevin this morning but was greeted with his voicemail so I've sent him a text asking him to call me.

As it stands, I am set for disconnection on 6/1/22 but would like to stay with the deal I was offered. Is there anyway to check if the number he called me off is a genuine Virgin employee?

Hi Sjames16, 

We're not able to check mobile numbers from here I'm afraid nor are we able to look at package changes. 

If the deal hasn't already been applied then you would need to select a deal that is available to you if you would like to keep our services. 

Please call the team on the number above so they can check what's available. 

They will also be able to raise a complaint to look into the service you've had from Kevin so we can investigate this further. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs