cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention deal

Retentionbro112
Tuning in

I've just received a call and text message from a mobile number that states their from virgin media retention department and offering me a better deal. I called up a couple of days ago to cancel my contract (as it's finishing) is this legit or a scam? I will post half the number here and the initials of the name. 

They said there calling from home, hence why their calling from a mobile. They knew my name and what package I was already on.

Hi xxx,

This is Kxxx from Virgin Media Loyalty Team.

I'm trying to contact you today to offer Mxxx fast fibre broadband at a highly discounted price of only £xx per month.

Can you kindly reach out to me on this number once you are available.

Many Thanks
Xxx

Mobile number is - 07790822xxx

The Virgin Media Team

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Retentionbro112 

Some VM agents are still working from home, and Outbound Retentions do sometimes call customers after the give in their notice.

Any phone calls made should be annotated on your account.

A member of the forum team may be able to check this for you, however it may take a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

machineghost
Rising star

what was the deal, I dont think you need to redact the information about the package deal, and it would be helpful to others? and help us to understand whether it was a scam

Hi,

It was £17 for M100 - 18 month contract. Is that a ok deal? 

Hi Retentionbro112

From the packaged we come across working for the Company 

M100 for £17 a month is really good 

Gareth_L

Hi,

Thank you for letting me know but what about my original question? Would the retentions team call on a mobile number from home? And if they did would any other virgin media customer service member be able to tell that they've called? So if I call virgin media now, will they be able to say yes you were called by somebody from our team?

Kind regards

We do leave notes on accounts when we access them Retentionbro112

The number that called will have been a Company issued Mobile 

Please let us know how you get in if you do call 

Gareth_L