cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention calls - please stop

McVMCustomer
Tuning in

I cancelled my Virgin Media service due to unreliable broadband service and one of the worst customer services I've ever encountered for a consumer service provider.

Not only did they manage to bungle the first request to cancel my service of which I had to spend yet another hour and a half on the phone to complete, they have now called me twice to try to offer me deals to continue with them. I've told them each time of my reasons for cancelling and no deal will entice me to return. The issue is not speed or price, it's reliability and bad customer service. Neither of which any price will be enough for me to remain. I'd rather pay a premium for reliable service than big savings for a completely incompetent one. I've already signed up on Hyperoptic and have been using their service already as my VM service is due to get cut off in a couple days time. 

It's obvious that this forum is being monitored by VM so can someone please ensure that I am no longer contacted by the retention team. I asked twice to remove my details from the list and not be contacted however my lack of faith in your customer service leads me to believe that I will still be contacted again.  And can someone please make sure the pre-paid packaging is sent to me so that I can return the box? I was told that I will not get the credit from the unused portion of my last payment if the box is not returned. I'm still waiting for that packaging.

4 REPLIES 4

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @McVMCustomer,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with our retentions team.

Can you please tell me if you have told our team to take you off the marketing list? We are unable to do this from this platform unfortunately. The return equipment should come to your home once you have been disconnected, usually takes 7/14 days to arrive. 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

As I mentioned in my post, I asked each time to not be contacted again.  In the last call, I specifically asked to be removed from the list.  When the customer asks to not be contacted again, that should be treated as a request to not be removed from any list, marketing or otherwise.

If you can still access your Virgin Media account, you can sign in to my.virginmedia.com and go to Account Settings -> Marketing Preferences -> Edit My Preferences

It’s a lot less painful than hanging around on a phone call that never gets answered. Hopefully that works!

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @McVMCustomer

I understand why this is frustrating for you, I am sorry for everything.

I can see that @JPL8 has provided you with a way to remove this, let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide