cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention Department / Customer Service is just horrific

DM158
Joining in

How do I make a complaint about a member of your staff. 

I was just on line with a retention consultant and they hung up on me as I asking for a call back from a manager. Not very good. The conversation ended at 09:51 so you should be able to see who your consultant was. That and the notes they left (if they left any as they are pretty good at not doing that to avoid leaving a paper trail!). Dreadful Customer Service. 

Please can someone call me back immediuately. I am not interested in calling again and waiting for hours to get through. If this is not possinble then you are going to lose a customer. 

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm only responding to one of your points, to set expectations here...

@DM158 wrote:

Please can someone call me back immediuately. I am not interested in calling again and waiting for hours to get through.

This is an online forum and the VM staff who respond on here don't make outbound calls. They'll verify your details by means of the forum Private-Messaging system, and discuss anything account-specific that way.

General replies will be by means of forum posts such as this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi DM158,

Welcome back and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear of your recent experience, this is not the service we are aiming to provide to any customer, if your call was disconnected this would not have been intentional. Can we ask what you we're calling about this morning?

Unfortunately, as our valued member @japitts has advised, we are unable to make outbound calls from this platform as we are a digital help team only.

If you wish to make a complaint regarding the service received from the agent, we can raise this on the account for you, or you can raise an online complaint here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/complaints.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi

I understand this is an on line platform only, it is just that no one every calls back from VM directly. In fact, avoiding the customer is the main aim! 

The disconnection was certainly intentional. I was calling about my package and how I can sorty this out. I had been told that VM and Virgin Mobile would call me back but true to form no one has made any attemot to call me. 

I have made a complaint once before and to be brutally honest VM ignored it. Allowed it go past your own minimum standards of response and wasted more time than it was worth. I understand that this is the game plan. 

Since the lady from disconnections hung up on me who is best to speak to and where can I call where I am not on old for 25 minutes before getting through to someomne who is utterly disinterested? 

Thanks

Duncan

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @DM158,

I am sorry for the issue with getting this raised, have you tried using the link provided by Jodi? If this is not working for you I can help you raise a complaint from here.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I'll be honest, I was expecting to get a call from VM but still nothing..... 

I'm not wasting my time again callin gin  and being on hold for a hour before being fobbed off or hung up on. 

What is the procedure for leaving VM, cancelling everything and getting a new provider that might actually care

I'm with DM158.

I understand the VM staff working on this forum are online team only, however you still represent the same VM Customer Service team, so I am not sure why you cannot pass the message/request onto an outbound designed team to call DM158 back.  Outlining you're only an online team seems to be a convenient excuse. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The cancellation procedure is outlined on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media 

Although many people report shorter queues earlier in the day. If you do decide to cancel, make sure your chosen new provider is installed & working before your VM disconnection. Otherwise you'll be offline in the interim.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I am very sorry if you were expecting that. We are unable to arrange call backs as my colleague advised. 

As Japitts has advised that link outlines the cancellation process. You can either cancel by calling in to the team or sending in a letter. 

We don't process disconnections via this channel. 

^Martin