cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolutions Team

camtra
On our wavelength

Received an emaill from this bunch of idiots today 4th January 2021!

Hi,

We tried to ring you about the result of your recent complaint but we couldn’t get through.

UTTER GARBAGE AS THEY HAVE NEVER CONTACTED ME ONCE ON MY GIVEN MOBILE NUMBER!!

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS OR JUST ME??

I AM GETTING REALLY ANNOYED WITH THEIR ATTITUDE ABOUT ALL THE ONGOING COMPLAINTS AND THE AMOUNT OF LIES THEY STATE EVEN IN THE EMAIL  TODAY.

HAVE REQUESTED OVER 10 TIMES FOR THEM TO CONTACT ME YET NOTHING. RECEIVED LETTERS WITH SIMILAR FALSE STATEMENTS YET THE TEXT MESSAGE YOU SEND NOT ONE REPLY!!

wth!!

ARE VIRGIN ACTUALLY TAKING THE **bleep** OUT OF CUSTOMERS??

BE GOOD TO HEAR FROM ANYONE HAVING SIMILAR FALSE EMAILS AND LETTERS STATING THE ABOVE MESSSAGE.

CHEERS

46 REPLIES 46

the2nicks
Tuning in

I've had pretty much the same experience.

Installation Date 02-Oct-2020. Waited in all day, they never turned up or called to tell me they weren't going to turn up!

Called them, bumped from one department to another, nobody helped or wanted to help me.

After many frustrating and time-consuming calls I was referred to their works department but had to email them.

Subsequently got an email response telling me that roadworks were required, they were waiting for permission, should be done in November, definitely December.

Still not installed. Still no (other) communication from Virgin Media.

Submitted a complaint in October, never responded to!

Submitted another complaint 20-Nov-2020. 17-Jan-2021 I got a "we're sorry" email, that was it. If I don't respond the complaint will be closed. I emailed them, no response, no contact. Today I received an email "Just following up on our chat on 17/02/2021 where we agreed on a resolution to your complaint.", complaint closed. Nobody has "chatted" with me or contacted me. So this email is a total lie.

A couple weeks ago some contracted workmen (two vans) turned up, told me they'd been instructed by Virgin to "blow" through the cable to my property, was it ok to work on my property, of course I said yes, they did some work with a generator and cable, I didn't keep an eye on them, when I checked later they'd gone without telling me what they had done. I've received no communcation from Virgin (before or after they turned up) so I assume they achieved nothing.

Yesterday, 16-Feb-2021, I submitted a l-o-n-g complaint detailing this 4+ month long saga.

Today, 17-Feb-2021, after receiving their dishonest email I submitted another complaint.

I assume they'll receive the same useless "customer service" as I've received so far i.e. they'll be ignored.

I still have no idea when or even if Virgin Media will install.

I've wasted countless hours trying to find out what is happening but their phone service is awful ... some consistency there ... so is there complaints service.

I wasted a day waiting in for them to turn up and clearing the hallway to make it easier for them to carrry out their work.

Their complaints tracker is useless as you're unable to respond to it ... I responded by email but they ignored that.

Useless.

Good Afternoon the2nicks,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that you've been having issues with the installation of our services.

Have you been able to discuss the installation with you since your most recent post? It appears that some construction work needs to take place. 

Were you advised of any permits we may need from your local council to perform work in the area? This could be the reason for the troublesome installation

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

David,

Nobody from Virgin has contacted me. The last contact I had from the Works department was in December, they haven't responded to my subsequent email asking for an update.

Apart from the Works department telling me that work needed to be carried out and that they were waiting for permission, I have been given no information on what is happening including no indication if they've applied for permission or what the problem is.

I have had zero communication from Virgin.

My complaint regarding their dishonest "following our chat" email, C-1702212796, submitted 17-Feb-2021, was updated to "Your issue's with a member of our team.We'll be in touch with next steps soon." on 22-Feb-2021 but has now been closed without any response!

The complaint to which they supposedly responded, but actually didn't, C-2011202523, submitted 20-Nov-2020, has alternated between "We're looking into your issue. You'll hear from us soon." and "We're working on a solution to your issue.We'll be in touch soon.", is still open, but I've had no response apart from the meaningless "sorry" email a few weeks ago. I don't want a meaningless apology, I want to know what the problem is and what is being done to resolve it.

The long complaint, C-1602213074, submitted 16-Feb-2021, has the status "Your issue's with a member of our team. We'll be in touch with next steps soon.", is open, but I've had no response.

As I've already said, the online complaints system is useless, you can't see your initial complaint, you can't see any of their responses (if they actually bother to write to you) and you can't respond to them. It all seems rather pointless.

I've still had no contact to indicate when or even if my installation will take place.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for coming back to us. We are truly sorry for the poor experience you have had with your complaint journey, I can appreciate how frustrating this must be. It is really disappointing.

I can see that your complaint has been assigned to our Installation's Team - whilst we cannot help with installation queries/issues as such here from the Community Forum, I have contacted the relevant team and asked for them to get in touch ASAP.

Please do let us know once you've been contacted and how things go from here. If you have any other questions or concerns, you know where to find us.

Kindest regards,

Beth 

Beth

Hi Beth,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll let you know if they contact me ...

Nick

Robert8610
Joining in

Lie to me about the dates, they not even tried to contacted me, I got my case to to CISAS...
I know it is Corona virus, but it is a big lie not answering and solving the problem after go behind some written codes, which tells they tried to contact you, but you not answered so you accepted their resolutions. 

Hi Robert8610,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry for any issues you've had, we always want to help our customers wherever we can. 

If you do have a complaint that has gone to CISAS then we wouldn't be able to advise any further on it. 

You would need communicate through CISAS. 

^Martin

What is CISAS ?

Usual Service Continued ...

-------------

On 16th February I missed a call from the Construction team who left a (garbled) message along the lines of ...

"We now have permission to carry out the (road) works, it should all be done by 22nd February."

It's now 10th March and no such works have been carried out!

-------------

On 4th March I received a call from 020 8058 4021, I answerered, said "hello", nothing, repeated "hello" twice, still nothing, I hung up. I recevied another call, tried to answer but got cut off. No message left.

I subsequently received an email from the Resolution Team with subject "We were not able to contact you" and text ...

Hi,

We tried to ring you about the result of your recent complaint but we couldn’t get through.

Your complaint was about:
Cable > Customer Experience > Complaint Handling

We’ve looked into it – here’s our findings:
Thank you for taking time to bring your concerns to our attention. We understand that your online query is about the installation of Virgin Media Service. We do apologize for the poor experience that you had with us. Your feedback will be strongly considered, and it will be passed on to the concerned team to work on it, to serve you better in the future.
As per our records, we have approved for the works of re-pull or install which was put on hold as work order staged over to our residential civil team to plan work area according to other utilities and you will need to be contacted and made aware approximately 6-8 weeks for the civil work to be completed. We have been out to check our network leading upto your premises and found out we need to send a construction crew out to carry out some maintenance work we have priced the cost of these civil works according to our budget and approved for the works to go ahead. We can see that the installation requires external works to be completed in order for the services to be successfully installed at this property. We can also see that since raising this complaint the construction team have been in contact to advise they will provide updates to you. For further assistance, please reach out to one of our technical service agents or for any help and support with your installation, check out our articles on virginmedia.com/help.

And here’s our resolution to your complaint:
Resolution
Education given

Again, we’re really sorry we let things slip. We always try to give you the best we’ve got and to make sure you’re happy with us. We hope this resolution works for you.
We’ll hold your complaint open for 28 days from now. Please ring us on 0345 454 1111* to let us know if the resolution is good with you.

If we don’t hear back after 28 days, we’ll assume you agree with the result and close your complaint.

Kind regards,
The Virgin Media team

... but no actual dates of when or even if the work will be carried out so I'm still none the wiser.

-------------

As per my previous comments, the online complaints system is useless and seemingly designed to make communication with them impossible. Other companies' complaints system allow you to see the original complaint and any subsequent correspondence between the company and the customer and to close the complaint. Not Virgin Media's! I replied to their email but I know it will be ignored. So I called the number in their email, assuming it would take me to the Complaints department, nope, just a list of options, none of which are for the Complaints department, the great service continues. I selected what seemed to be the most suitable option, waited, finally got through to somebody, explained everything, she then said "oh, I can't help you with this, I'll have to transfer you to somebody else"! The unhelpful theme continues. I spoke with somebody else, explained it all, again, he said "I'm really sorry, I'll need to speak with my manager, I'll call you back", he didn't call back.

I'm coming to the conclusion that Virgin Media don't want my custom.

Hi the2nicks,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry for any issues you've been having with the construction work. 

I'm sure the team are working to get this sorted for you as soon as possible. 

^Martin

I've had the same problem for years, absolutely rubbish wifi. As someone earlier mentioned, I have also been with Virgin since NTL days, still have NTLworld email address. I thought I was getting somewhere by actually sending the Complaints department a letter but same old story below......

Customer account number: [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]
Complaint reference: C-1412202714

Hi,

Your complaint was about:
Broadband > Faults > Speed problems 

We’ve looked into it – here’s our findings:
As per our record shows you have not discussed the issue yet. I understand that you are facing slow speed issues with the broadband service, we recommend you to do the basic troubles shooting by following the below link. If the issue persists, you may contact our technical support team on the number mentioned below. They would certainly send you the wireless boosters or replace the broadband hub if that is found to be the resolution of the issue. If the issue unresolved over the phone, technical team will book an appointment for the technician to visit your house and notify you about it. You may visit the self-help mentioned below. I would request you to visit the link mentioned below to apply for the compensation for the on-going slow speed and issues.

Again, we’re really sorry we let things slip. We always try to give you the best we’ve got and to make sure you’re happy with us. We hope this resolution works for you.

We’ll hold your complaint open for 28 days from now. Please ring us on 0345 454 1111* to let us know if the resolution is good with you.

If we don’t hear back after 28 days, we’ll assume you agree with the result and close your complaint.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

I've downloaded the app on my mobile to check the strength, here's the result which I forwarded to the Resolutions Team. Needless to say I've  heard NOTHING!!! Absolute joke

The app states 'It looks like you can't connect to your hub from here. We recommend ordering a Booster to increase your Wi-Fi range' I followed the instruction through to 'Get a Booster' it then states that it will cost me an additional £5.00 a month. I find this extra charge totally unacceptable and refuse to pay it as I have purchased boosters in the past in fact I currently have virgin boosters installed which don't seem to be enhancing my signal strength at all and haven't in all the years they have been installed. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]