cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolutions Team has sent me to Live-Chat, but provided no info on how to do that

purpleivan
On our wavelength

Hi

I need some help regarding contacting Virgin Media regarding a complaint I raised with customer support in December last year and which I thought a resolution to have been agreed, but since then has failed.

A brief history of this issue is that I had a contract with VM from the start of 2021 and I made change to this (cut the TV part and increased internet speed) in the middle of last year. In November last year I moved house and my next bill was increased from the agreed discounted rate, to the normal rate for the package.

I raised this issue in December and the Resolutions Team eventually fixed this issue, by arranging a rolling credit to be applied to my account each month, until the end of my contract.

Yesterday I found out that althought the credit seemed to have been applied for the 1st month after the issue was reported, for next month's bill the credit has not been applied. I sent a reply to my last email from the Resolutions Team, informing them of this and asking them to rectifiy this issue. The reply I received was less than useful (see excerpt from this below).

"As per records, it is evident that we have promised to apply a rolling credit of 17.00 GBP until your contract ends. However, I see that the credit has not been applied yet. To help you resolve this, I request you to contact our customer care team on the below mentioned number so that they will help in applying the credit accordingly. Kindly use this link https://www.virginmedia.com/help/live-chat to chat with our team. You can also choose to have a look at our website at www.virginmedia.com/help for more information."

This email was not useful because (as is well known on this forum) the "live-chat" link they provided, actually provides zero information on how to actually contact VM. It doesn't even contain the customer services phone number.

So I've been told by the Resolutions Team that as the the resolution that they agreed with me has failed, but I have to contact another part VM's customer service team to get that failure fixed, and have provided no actual information on how to do that.

I don't want to call the customer services number, as the wait times on there can be extremely long and it was arranging a new package by phone that started the problem that I now have in the first place.

If someone from VM can take a look at this, my complaint ref. number is C-200223333

I'd like to stay with Virgin for my internet package, as that side of things has worked really well, but the runaround I'm getting from the Resolutions Team is making me want to leave at the earliest opportunity.

Thanks.

Ivan

5 REPLIES 5

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Purpleivan, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your billing complaint looked into, I can see why the resolution Team's letter was a little underwhelming 😰 I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

I understand you were promised a rolling credit of £17 to bring your contact price down to the agreed amount each month for the foreseeable time of your contract, if there are notes on the account to evidence this promise (Which I am sure there will be) We will be able to correct this 🙂

I'll send over a PM now so we can go through some questions and get it rectified for you!

Speak soon,

Megan_L

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Purpleivan,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's there, I think we got that issue sorted together in record time! 🤩 Haha

If you need any further help, please let us know here on the forums! 

I hope you had a lovely Pancake Day yesterday 🥞

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan_L

Thanks for dealing with this issue so quickly and painlessly.

I didn't have pancakes yesterday, but had waffles today... Waffle Wednesday 😁

Cheers.

Ivan

purpleivan
On our wavelength

Hi Megan_L

Unfortunately the fix to my billing that you arranged, to have my £17/month rolling credit applied, seems to have only been applied to one month. All months after that show a credit of only £10.

Here are the credit amounts according to my bills for the months of February onwards.

February = £0

March = £27

April = £10

May = £10

To me it looks like in March I recieved a credit of £17 (to repay me the credit not applied in February), but then only £10 for March (£27 in total), and from then on £10 each month, instead of the correct credit of £17.

So current I've overpaid by £7 for March and April and will be overpaying £7 again when my bill for May is paid.

Ivan

Hi Purpleivan, 

Thanks for coming back to me, I am really sorry this error has happened! 

Lets go into another PM so we can check out what's happened 😊 I'm sure it's nothing we can't fix and reimburse.

Speak to you soon!

Megan_L