cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting telephone password

Holly2408
Settling in

Hi. 

im currently on a chat with a agent and cannot remember my telephone password. I am trying to change my password to get through security but cannot find a option to change the password. Can anyone help 

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Holly2408 

The telephone password is the memorable word which would have been set up when you first signed up with VM. It should be in your original documentaion.

To help jog your memory the memorable word is usually something along the lines of mothers maiden name, place of birth, name of first school, favourite song or band, favourite food or name of your first pet.

When calling if you don't input any characters from your memorable word then an agent should pick up the phone and ask you other account related questions to validate you.

Have your bill handy to help answer those questions.  They will also be able to update the memorable word for you providing you pass verifcation, if not they can send a reminder through the post.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you in a day or two and help, however if you still fail verification they too will have to send a postal reminder.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Holly2408,

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.
Please accept our apologies for the difficulties you are having with your memorable word.

We can ask alternative questions to pass security and send the word out. 
In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L