cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset telephone password

Bob_Howlett
Joining in

Could someone please let me know how to get my phone-in password reset.  I have clearly forgotten it and getting support has become very long-winded.  Many TIA

8 REPLIES 8

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bob_Howlett, 

Thanks for posting on the Community, a big welcome from all of us here. 

As long as you are the account holder, you are able to reset the memorable word when on the call. We are also able to reset it once we've passed Data Protection with you. 

I have sent you a private message to initiate this to help get this sorted 🙂 Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bob_Howlett, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your information. 

I have updated the memorable word as requested 🙂

If you have any further issues or queries, pop back to the Community to let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath

My original request was how to reset my phone-in password. When phoning support from my mobile phone, I am asked for password characters.  I have no record of these, and would like to reset this password.

Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob 🙂

Your phone in password is referred to as your memorable word. This is what I have updated for you. 

When you call regarding your Virgin Media account, you should use characters from the word you gave me via private message yesterday 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Gazzamius
On our wavelength

Dear Kath-F     I too have forgotten my memorable password.  I know the memorable password is different from my log in to VM account.  but I did not write it down as I thought my memory was infallible. :how wrong was I.       

so, all I need do is phone and speak to an advisor, I have some security question enabled I actually remember. will this be good enough to get through to an advisor to reset my memorable password ??

Thanks in advance.  regards Gaz

Hi Gaz,

As long as you're the account holder we can ask you additional security questions when calling 🙂

After clearing security we'll be able to update the memorable word for you.

Alex_Rm

keenomorgan
Joining in

Hi, I would like some assistance with resetting my telephone password please. I realised I didn't know it when I paid for the Tyson Fury fight and it wasn't working so I was trying to phone up for assistance but had forgotten it. The fight eventually came on though but I would like to avoid any future troubles. Thanking you in advance.

Keeno

Hi there @keenomorgan 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums its great to have you hear! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue and I'd be happy to get this reset for you. 

I'll pop you a PM now so we can look into this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.