cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Password

Ochib
Joining in

If I try and reset my password the error "Please check your email address" appears.  

The email is correct as it is the email address that the email from Virgin come from and if I use the option "Forgotten your email address" the same email address is displayed

This happens on multiple computes and different browsers

8 REPLIES 8

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ochib,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Online Account looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Can I ask two questions please - 

• Is this in regards to a Media or Mobile account?
  • Is this the first time you've tried to access your online account? You may need to register if so, as online accounts are not automatically created at point of sale.

Thanks,

Megan_L

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ochib wrote:

If I try and reset my password the error "Please check your email address" appears.  

The email is correct as it is the email address that the email from Virgin come from and if I use the option "Forgotten your email address" the same email address is displayed

This happens on multiple computes and different browsers

Make sure there are no white space characters at start and/or end of email address, for example “richard.branson@virginmedia.com ” would cause the error seen but “richard.branson@virginmedia.com” would not.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Ochib, just following up on this thread for you.

May I ask if you've tried the advice given on the thread?
Also is this for you registering your account?
And is this Virgin Media or Virgin Mobile?

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This is for Virgin Broadband, It is an existing account as when I select "I have forgotten my email address" it shows me a redacted version of the email address I am trying to reset the password for

Hi @Ochib,

Thank you for the update on this. I am really sorry to hear that this problem seems to be ongoing.

Can you just confirm if you've double-checked and ensured there are no spaces at the very beginning or at the very end of the email address? Unfortunately this may cause the problem that you're experiencing.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes, everytime 

Hi @Ochib,

Thanks for clarifying. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a closer look at things. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Well, that was a lot of help. Still can't sign into my account and was asked questions in a private chat that could only be answered by signing into my account.  It as if the staff here don't have clue