Menu
Margaret56
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Requested an email to confirm offer

As my last contract is coming to an end I called Virgin to discuss my options.  I am l very hard of hearing (I use a phonak phone which connects to my hearing aids) but I still have difficulty hearing what is said.  I have made four calls to the call centre and on three occasions (one put the phone down on me) I have been given different contract prices verbally but when a "service change receipt"  came through it was completely different to what was agreed.  During this last call I made this morning yet another price was quoted so I asked the staff member if he would mind emailing me with the quote and explained that I needed to see it in writing and explained my problem.  He said he couldn't guarantee I would receive an email but I should agree to this contract and then sort it out when the bill came. I told him I would not agree to a contract without seeing it in writing and understanding it . He said he couldn't do anything about it so I asked to speak to a manager.  The manager kept talking over me and said he would send me a copy of my previous contract (which I told him I already had) and then I should look at it and ring back to discuss it.  I said all I wanted was an email confirming their latest price but he said he wouldn't do that.  I told him I felt I was being discriminated against because of my hearing loss and there was no reason to put me in such a difficult position.  We have been with NTL/Virgin since 2003 and am now considering moving - I will have to go through the mither of researching who else supplies cable.

0 Kudos
peterpies
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Requested an email to confirm offer

So Virgin Media have asked you sign a contract without first seeing the contract or having a copy off that contract?

That's shocking and I hope you see that and do not sign anything. If you try and argue later without having a copy of the contract you wlll have zero leverage.

When ever I negotiated a new contract over the phone in the past they always sent the new contract with all cost information and dates stated and then I clicked confirm through a link that I was signing.

Highlighted
peterpies
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Also the fact that a manager has said they will send the old contract is screaming they are trying too deceive you into signing at that price and those terms. There is no other explanation.

If they refuse or do not send the new contract, call 150 and give 30 days notice to leave and sign up with a new service provider.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry to read of the issues that you've had calling through to us Margaret56. I'm not sure of the deal that you've been given, I can look into your account and see if the representative and their manager have noted the offer that you were given. Please reply to a private message that I will send over in a few moments and I will see if I can find out any information about the deal that you were given,that is if you still want to look into the offer. I will send over a private message right now.

Regards

Steven_L