cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request new contract through snail mail?

GeneTunney
Joining in

I'm currently on a rolling contract with Virgin, and have been evaluating my options - high speed fibre has just been installed on my street, so I can get a far cheaper contract elsewhere. with higher speeds too.

However, I have had no issues with Virgin (strictly in terms of broadband provision), so would be willing to commit to a long term contract with them.

Unfortunately, I can't do this online (for some reason), and after reading people's nightmarish accounts of calling Virgin, I have no desire to be put on hold for an hour or talk to a customer service rep who has no interest in helping me.

Can I write to Virgin and request a new deal? Or would I be wasting my time even more than if I called them up?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You are in a strong position to negotiate if you have an alternative provider now who meets your current requirements . I was in your position recently with now having cable to house fast fibre BB and had been offered good deals with other providers . Presumably fast BB is your main requirement ? I had no problems getting through to a retentions agent in England . Just give the reason " you want to leave " when you hear the options and if you have details of other suppliers offers  , also VM's new customer offers , in front of you the agent will know that you mean it . I found the negotiating process to be quite straight forward and came away with a much improved new contract .  Think Retentions are probably now aware of the competition and that you are not bull***********

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Online package changes has never been the website's strong point, you can either call in or use the WhatsApp chat method.

That's not real-time but 07305 327112 may suit you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

You are in a strong position to negotiate if you have an alternative provider now who meets your current requirements . I was in your position recently with now having cable to house fast fibre BB and had been offered good deals with other providers . Presumably fast BB is your main requirement ? I had no problems getting through to a retentions agent in England . Just give the reason " you want to leave " when you hear the options and if you have details of other suppliers offers  , also VM's new customer offers , in front of you the agent will know that you mean it . I found the negotiating process to be quite straight forward and came away with a much improved new contract .  Think Retentions are probably now aware of the competition and that you are not bull***********

Hi GeneTunney,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're pleased to hear that you're considering staying with us if a new deal can be negotiated for you. 

Unfortunately, we do not deal with package changes or new contract deals from our community forums.

You can use our WhatsApp chat services as out valued member @japitts has advised, or call our team directly on 150/0345 454 1111, options 1,4 then 4 again.

Alternatively, you can check our existing customers deals here https://virg.in/existing.

Kind regards Jodi.