cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing contract

LadyL
Joining in

Hi,

My current contract is ending on 08/06/2023, after which the price would go up more than £20 extra per month, which I cannot afford. I decided to phone VM to see if they could give me a better deal once my contract ends. They offered me a similar deal. However, the information states that it will start on 06/06/2023 before my current contract ends, when the customer service agent clearly stated that it wouldn't start until 09/06/2023 when my current contract ends. Plus, my first bill is stated to be £46.39 which includes CR £14.36 to cover changes until my next bill period. 

Please can someone clarify what this actually means...? 

Also, I will be changed over from Talk Weekends to Weekend Chatter. None of which was actually explained to me. So what is the difference between the two...?

I just wanted to see if I could be offered a better deal as I could not afford the price increase once my contract ends. 

Any insight would be great. 

Thanks in advance. 

Kind regards, 

LadyL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi LadyL. 

We can take a disconnection 60 days before the end of the contract and it this is over by 8 days you would take the monthly rate, divide by 30 and x the amount of days. 

The cancellation policy is confirmed in the terms and conditions and can be found here for EDF

- Chris

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LadyL, thanks for the message. 

We charge for the service a month in advance and when a contract it is changed after the bill is produced it will give a pro rate credit. 

The weekend chatter is the new weekends talk plan nothing has really changed with this just the name. 

Please let us know if you need any further information.

Chris. 

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the reply. 

Was a bit worried as I didn't want to be charged more than was agreed as things are a bit difficult right now as I know they are for a lot of people. 

Thanks again. 

LadyL 

Hi LadyL, thanks for the message. 

I am glad that we have gotten this resolved and let us know if you have any issues. 

Have a good day. 

Chris. 

Hi Chris,

Any chance you could give me an idea of how much early disconnection fees are...?

For example, if you pay for the last month of your contract but your contract doesn't end until 8 days later, how much would the early disconnection fee be...? 

That is, would you pay a disconnection fee for the remaining days of your contract or would you be expected to pay for another month.

Would just like some clarification as I didn't know you had to give 30 days notice even if your contract is going to end. As the customer, I wasn't given 30 days notice that this would be the case either. 

Thank you.

Kind regards, 

LadyL

Hi LadyL. 

We can take a disconnection 60 days before the end of the contract and it this is over by 8 days you would take the monthly rate, divide by 30 and x the amount of days. 

The cancellation policy is confirmed in the terms and conditions and can be found here for EDF

- Chris

Hi Chris, 

All good. Thank you. 🙂 Spoke to someone about it today. Understand now and also happy with my new package. 

Enjoy the rest of your day. ^_^

LadyL

Hello LadyL.

That's great news to hear. Thank you so much for letting us know.

Should you need anything else at all. Please don't hesitate to pop back on here🥳

Gareth_L